Earplugs by Alpine

Discussion in 'Support' started by Afeef, May 5, 2015.

1. Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hello!

I am using MusicSafePro earplugs by Alpine for protection from loud noise and its been about 3 months now and i think it does help protect ears from loud noise. It has got three filters for different situations.
      I often use them for long hours like for 2-3 hours sometimes depending upon my need for it, in gym etc.

I just wanted to know if someone else is also using them and are the okay to use?

Also is it okay to use it in gym for an hour and half as it's loud in gym and when I take them out after a gym session my ears are a little sweaty inside because of earplugs?

http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-MusicSafe-Hearing-Protection-MUSICSAFE-PRO/dp/B000VO8PR0/

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      They are fine.

Not a problem. This is expected.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Thanks for your answer @Carm
      Have you used them?

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I used the same ones, they seem ok. Do you find they slip around when you start to sweat? I keep trying to push them in after they get wet from sweating and it seem to create a suction. I think I prefur regualr foam plugs.

5. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Yes, they are definitely better than foam plugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I have also noticed that when I wear them in warm /hot weather or do some workout or play soccer while wearing them it gets sweaty inside and a suction is created and I noticed them slip around but not that much . I just give it a little twist to slowly get them out and clean them and use again.

Foam plugs are good but i feel some sort of isolation using foam earplugs and my ears feel heavy.

7. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      I've bought the same set. I'm not using them a lot though cause I don't like the feeling of removing them from my ears. There is some kind of pression and the sounds of 'popping' no matter how gently I try to take them out. Aren't these popping noises just harmful for the inner ear? I've went through further threads and normally this subject doesn't appear. I' m paranoid though and I'd like to know it putting earplugs in and out is anyhow dangerous to the hearing.?

• Good Question Good Question x 1