Electrical Hissing Tinnitus: Are There Any Success Stories?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thuan, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Thuan

Thuan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Are there any success stories regarding electrical hiss tinnitus?

Also what frequencies do you think the electrical hiss is? I want to try an app and see if that can match my sound.

I'm asking because I recently developed electrical hissing sounds on and off since a few weeks ago. I actually didn't realize this. My normal tinnitus is a pure tone. Then I realized my head was feeling really full like an electrical buzz. Then about a month ago the electrical buzz turned into an electrical hiss. While this happens, my pure tone sometimes coexist with my electrical hiss. Sometimes the pure tone goes away while the electrical hiss takes over

I'm getting wrecked these days. My normal pure tone tinnitus has always been mild and quiet and I didn't need to use sound maskers for a long time. My tinnitus has been spiking every 2-4 days, then quiet 1-2 days, then 2-4 days loud with electrical hiss/pure tone. Strangely, the electrical hiss is in my head than in the ear.

Any opinions on this?

Thank you all.

2. CAgirl

CAgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 M80 Firecrackers
      @Thuan How is your electric buzz sound? I have same thing night and day (sometimes more of a hiss or a dog whistle sound-it’s horrid).

No success stories on this frequency??

3. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have the electrical hiss 24/7. Funny enough it's the most "forgiving" part of my tinnitus.

Some said it was a step in the right direction for healing towards silence, but that probably came on a year ago.

The character will change from airy to hissy, and the intrusiveness will vary. Luckily I find it much easier to lose track of during the day.

It's particularly bothersome tonight. But it will be ok.

I hate to say it, but just try and relax. Download some random games on your phone, zone out. You will learn how to manage as time goes on, and I just keep hanging on for the magical disappearance one day, or a cure come to market.

• Like Like x 1
    4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      30/12/13
      Hi Thuan

What was the original cause of your tinnitus?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thuan

Thuan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      There's people mentioning about people recovery from this hissing phase but unfortunately, I haven't specifically found the success stories regarding so hence this post.
      A month of middle ear infection. :(

6. screechesilence
      Wishful

screechesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      STRESS, high frequency sensorineural loss (birth)
      I suffer from the exact same and have been for 6 months now. I don't know what pure tone is, maybe it started off like that for the first few weeks only. It is now an established electric hiss in the head, which can be faded into the background on the occasional day when I am lucky, but it is mainly extremely bothersome and hard to escape from. What caused yours? Mine came out of the blue, perhaps stress - no acoustic trauma, neck injuries, ETD etc.

Some people may have mentioned Amitriptyline helped with this type of tinnitus. I am too scared to take drugs, other than the odd supplements which are doing absolutely nothing to help. I do not suffer from anxiety other than what T has brought on either, so I am not sure these drugs would work in my case.

I have also posted how certain loud activities such as using a vacuum cleaner can make my T on a bad day fade into the background. So a bit like the opposite of hyperacusis. What about you?