End of the Line

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Oct 13, 2015.

1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Off the topic here, I already asked you this question but maybe you missed it:), did you find those neck exercises useful at all?
      Thanks!

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hmm, maybe a little bit, but I also didn't stick with them for long enough -- I had some other health problems blow up that sort of threw me off my game for a few weeks. Trying to get back to them now!

• Like Like x 1
    3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Thank you!
      I'm about to start as well so we can compare notes:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Hey Geo..glad you're alive..as shitty as life may be..My H and T only continue to worsen as well..and yes isolation is fing killer. I made myself go out this week with friends and paid big time. .Sick of it..but only alternative is an eternal exit..so I don't know..I will only do that when I have accomplished all that I want to do..pain or no pain...I feel like I have a death sentence hanging over my head..My life as I knew it, is over...anyways..who the hell started the rumor? that's twisted.

5. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Phew....

man...my heart skipped a few beats reading through this post....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      So happy see your post and understand people need time away from the forum sometimes.
      Stay positive it will get better as you know how your ear sound will swap and change.
      We are here for you always...lots of love glynis

7. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      my tinnitus 3 years ago spiked, due to having dental crown installed. it was so bad, that the sound of my own voice would make it spike. i thought i was going to be dead very soon. i could tolerate no sound what so ever. i thought my career was shot. gradually, i persevered, and it slowly slowly got better, little by little. i followed the advice of the ATA support people. also needed quite a pile of meds to be able to get to sleep. I was on quite a bit of imovance at one time, which i cut back little by little, so i wouldn't get hooked. also used pink noise all the time. also made sure i was NEVER exposed to any loud noise. i still consider myself a cripple, but 3 years ago i thought i was going to be dead very soon. sometimes, it was so bad, that in the evening, i would just cry and cry and cry. the crying did no good, but made me exhausted. the last time i got a spike, my doctor prescribed clonazepam for me, which IMMEDIATELY killed the spike. i reserve clonazepam as just an emergency med. i take lyrica, mirtazapine, and thc, in reasonable doses. My thc is by prescription, i buy it, and my dose is about one ounce per 2 months. i also put some of it in the oven the convert the THC to CBN. i also buy the CBD rich cannabis. i take it as an edible. true enough, the thc will cause the tinnitus to get louder, but it is temporary, and i am used to it. i believe it is also beneficial, because the brain now has a louder tinnitus, that it needs to deal with, and then the thc effect wears off, the tinnitus actually get quite a bit less. the thc induced tinnitus has a completely different character to it, which tells me something good is going on in the brain. i use "music therapy" - quiet music played at night, which i believe combined with thc is beneficial. that is just a theory of mine, but so far it seems to be working. don't expect just thc to cure you up, it needs to be balanced with other meds, like tegretol and lyrica. just thc on its own, doesn't do the trick for me. but i do find since taking the thc, my health has been considerable better.

8. ady

ady Member

Here's a hug Geo for you. I'm happy you aren't dead.

9. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @Geo Glad your ok dude ...hang in there man and keep posting

Carlos

10. dhode
      Alone

dhode Member

I am feeling at wits end myself.

I have had 3.5 days of this and it rings all day except under flourescent lights where my chiro did something with my neck muscles and really screwed things up.

I am hoping to talk to someone else.

11. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Hey man how are you doing these days? Has it gotten any better for you?