End of the Line

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

staying in and over protecting definitely made me worse..I also suggest to get out and get some meds..It's worth a shot.

2. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Your problem could originate in the limbic system even if you don't have anxiety. You do sound depressed. If you have severe H your limbic system needs to calm fun and anxiety meds can help with this. You cannot carry on with nothing.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Geo,
      How are you coping now ? Is your spike any calmer ......lots of love glynis

4. svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones maybe?not sure really.
      Geo buddy how are you man talk to us,let us know how you are doing

• Like Like x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    5. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Are you alive? You haven't been here for two weeks! One more TT member to choose self-exit?

6. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Sometimes it's best to just take a little break from here....I read so many frightening stories here of the suffering we all have sometimes its gets overwhelming.

Carlos

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. brody24

brody24 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2002
      Its a blessing and a curse. Sure, its great to have the support of many like-minded people who can empathize with you. But at the same time, many who overcome this will tell you they did so by trying to focus less on T and to keep on with everyday life. And its hard to do that while commiserating with like-minded, suffering individuals too often.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I think Geo is in the hospital. Medical assistance became necessary, IMHO. I hope things will turn around for him.

9. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Someone told me in private yesterday that Geo's friends had written RIP posts on his facebook. Can you confirm?

10. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      No, I can't. I don't know anything. I am shivering right now.
      Oh, no!

11. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      This is horrible if true...I just hope he finds solace.

12. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Why cant the friends of Geo confirm or otherwise and or show his facebook page.....otherwise it is only unfounded gossip.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I don't believe anything until I know something for sure. But definitely am shaken by this rumor. But it is just a rumor, after all.
      I hope he will not become just another member who disappears forever and about which we won't know what happened to him. Very disturbing.

14. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      We have someone who posted that Geo's personal friends are posting on his fbook page. So the poster really needs to go back to his source for this story and gain some proof....no?

15. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @Atlantis
      Please contact who you must contact etc, to try to find out something sure.

16. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I think this happens a lot, members in situations where they are crying out for help and then they disappear for good. They find a way to end the suffering on their own, I hope this isn't the case here.

Working through ear pain and H is a nightmare, you end up isolated and listening to blasting T all day with no masking Noise at all because you can't take the noise. And if you aren't isolated, you are out and your ears/brain are being assaulted by any little noise which quickly brings complete exhaustion.

If you are one of these people, you need to get out, the assault on your ears is easier to take than the isolation. I have been isolated for almost two years but I now get out and take the pain from time to time, you have to, you can not be isolated, it's impossible to live like this, you will loose it.

I hope you are ok buddy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    17. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I too hope you are ok @Geo. Don't do the unthinkable. Life is precious and the future may not be all bleak. If your T & H got bad this year, there is no ruling that it can also get better. I Who Love Music has his T for 40 years and got better. Try out some diet changes and supplements to see if they can help. Will the pain killers have some chance to moderate the ear pain? H is terrible and it is worse when paired up with T, particularly severe or super high pitched T. Did you try the Keppra & Trobalt route like Danny Boy did? Perhaps try some chronic pain support sites to see how people cope with on-going acute pain? I used to read Darlene Cohen's writings on living and enjoying life admit on-going pain, her so called 'Finding Joy Amid the Pain'. Perhaps learning a bit about pain management can help ease the impact of pain from H. Mindfulness is an approach used often to soften the impact of an annoying or irritable sensation. Perhaps it can help you cope better. You are at the worst point of suffering with the new level of T & H. Don't look ahead too much with catastrophic thinking about the future. Just take it one day at a time if that will help. Take good care.

18. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Any news on Geo?
      Anyone????

19. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Atlantis If you have been in touch with Geo's personal friends then please you need to go back there and get some info ....otherwise there is a lot of grief and worry going around on this forum and amongst tt members in pm's and emails etc...due to your posting that his friends are posting RIP on his fb page. Please can you confirm or not please one way or the other to stem this gossip...thanks! really hope this helps.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Lol im not one to take my own life... I would rather let it kill me first in agony... And my T and H have worsened even more from the last post i posted.. Idk why its just has a mind of its own.. It reacts so many times a day its freaking unbelievable... I feel like its connected to my nervous system as in when i get scared it shoots up crazy or when i get turned on it goes crazy im guessing it the bloodflow ive noticed little things worsening as time passes and i mean a week at a time not months or years... I swear my T has changed so many times its very unreal how high your T can actually go as in volume and tones... Sorry i havent checked up on here its just sometimes i just need to stay away... And idk where the rip thing came from i havent talked to anyone or nothing on my fb so someones lying about that...believe if i can go outside i would its freaking impossible. My T will start crashing in my head so painfully that i would pass out from the pain its happened before, feels like my head is about to burst from the tones going super LOUD in my head .. So dont think im just being scared thats far from it... And ill repeat this again since a lot get confused when i say i get a very bad increase it stays permanent thats how bad my nerves are it doesnt go back to the previous baseline as to why i keep saying i just worsen and worsen over time... Thanks for the support guys it means a lot....

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    21. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @Geo. Geo...I'm so glad you are back .. And all those rumors are not true!!!! God bless you... I understand you are going through a lot but never loose faith .. Just like things got this bad they can go back to normal .. Or at least get better... Hope is the last thing you can loose... We all care about you and each other here... Again I'm so happy to hear from you... May you find God's grace and may He grant you the miracle of getting healed from this nightmare... I will pray for you ... Pray for God to have mercy on you and help you through this rough times!!!! Love, Rina

• Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @Geo
      I mourned you for days and I don't even know you, but I know severe T and that was enough, I was until a second ago worried sick about your mother, thinking at how she must feel, to lose possibly her only son...
      I got a spike (!!!! ) that didn't pass yet thinking about "the moments you must have been through before taking your own life", I took sedatives for days to get through the pain easier, etc etc.

Well, you are alive.
      What a scare!
      What a relief!

I don't even know how to feel now: angry at the people who spread the false rumors who toasted us, or happy that you are alive. I think I will choose the latter.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    23. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Thank God you're here!

And the sick person who started this rumour needs to get some help, only seriously sick mind can do this!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Glad to hear from you again, @Geo. Take it easy and hang in there, bro. Time is a great healer. Hope you will see a better day. If IWLM can get better after 40 years as well as many others, then don't rule out you can have better day. Take care.

• Like Like x 1
    25. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Geo. Been thinking bout you...
      I know you don't know me but I feel your struggle more then you can imagine. I am glad to see you're OK.
      Stay as strong as you can.
      B

• Like Like x 1
    26. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      Stay strong Geo!!!glad rumor wasn't true!!!

27. @Geo, I don´t know you man but i was really glad to read your reply in this one(y)

• Like Like x 1
    28. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Geo Glad to hear you are ok - we were all worried for you!

• Like Like x 1
    29. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Welcome back from the dead man! How was it? Still T and H in the after life?

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    30. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mine is the same way, Geo. If you can learn how to meditate and also stay in shape, you may be able to exert some limited amount of conscious control over all this.

It's not easy, it takes time and patience and I know that neither of those things come easy when you have a banshee howling in your ears 24/7 -- but this is the only useful tool I've found for dealing with this, in 15 years of searching...

• Informative Informative x 1