Endolymphatic Hydrops vs. Meniere's Disease?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey guys, I want to know if these two are the same, or are different.

In my case, I have had tinnitus for two years, and have had super mild episodes where I feel like I'm in an elevator and this year I have had 2 episodes where I feel dizzy in the morning (right after I get off from bed) or when I move my head very quickly.

I think I have a mild case of BPPV (I think it might be also related to my new diet with increased sodium).

My tinnitus is stable, my hearing is fine, but right now my head hurts and I feel just a little dizzy.

I wanna know if my Endolymphatic Hydrops will develop into Meniere's, or it's only just Endolymphatic Hydrops and I should just cut the extra sodium and drink more water.

Please help me with your thoughts and opinions :D

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Bump

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I have Meniere's and at first was told Labyrinthitus by my doctor and then Hydrops bit it was with having many vertigo attacks and full on symptoms and tests was told Menieres.
      I don't know if Hydrops can turn to Menieres but I would not google it and just ask ENT .
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      They are different.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thanks for your answers guys, I've been having tinnitus for 2 years.

These past weeks I changed my diet, and I eat more protein and sodium my tinnitus has stayed the same but for some reason i feel a kinda dizzy when I make head movements... went to the doctor and he told me it was BPPV OR Labyrinthitis.

But to be honest I think it could be just Endolymphatic hydrops.

I've been reading that in MD head movements doesn't trigger dizzyness or vertigo.

So I'm a bit confused, i was kinda diagnosed with Endolymphatic Hydrops almost 2 years ago but... tinnitus was my only symptoms...

6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You had no hearing loss?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      well to be honest i was "suspected" to have Endolymphatic Hydrops because i have a very very minimal loss in the low frequencies, very minimal according to my ENT

8. tinnitube
      Supportive

tinnitube Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damn virus
      Hydrops Will respond very well to Acetozolamide. If you try one pill and feel better... Then its hydrops . It can develop to Meniere its the same illness Just in two different stages It depends on how strong shows on you because Meniere its Just an advanced case of hydrops ..

9. tinnitube
      Supportive

tinnitube Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damn virus
      In both cases the pressure affect the cells that control balance so when you move your head fast enough can trigger diziness Just as bppv because your inner ear semi circular Canals now are under pressure ..

10. Tarek Eisa

Tarek Eisa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Mario
      I would like to keep in touch with you. Cause I seem like I have the same syndromes you have.

11. PortugalTheMan
      Shocked

PortugalTheMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety / Maybe years listening to music on headphones
      I still don't know the difference.

Do the two have different symptoms?

Are both chronic?

Is there gradual hearing loss and tinnitus getting worse over time?

I find this post interesting because I thought they were one and the same thing.

12. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I think Endolymphatic Hydrops (EH) and Meniere's are a bit of a "tailor's drawer", this is, categories where doctors put a lot of hearing problems that are not fully understood today.

Actually, it seems that hyperacusis and tinnitus are ways to arrive at EH, but not so likely at Meniere's. This would mean that hyperacusis and tinnitus slowly deteriorate our hearing making it change for the worse...

After all, there's the neurosensorial part of hearing, but also our hearing system has a certain physical "architecture" inside the Organ of Corti, that maybe may change or collapse over time (just my conclusion after reading some articles).

• Informative Informative x 1