Eustachian Tube and Blowing Air

Discussion in 'Support' started by bwspot, Oct 23, 2014.

1. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I do regular epson baths to relax more to cope with t. Yesterday during the bath I put my ears under water. What i noticed later is that most of the ringing is on the left side and it got worse. I could not sleep again and woke up exausted again. Man I hate this t. Could water do anything bad?

I also noticed something weird. If i blow air while holding the nose i feel like my left ear drum moving and clicking where nothing happenns on the right side. I can also hear the air moving around my eardrum when i blow. I do blow the air very lightly. Little preassure as I don't want to do anything to my ear drums.

2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I would advise against Valsalva maneuver especially if you already have T. This is how mine started.

3. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Have you damaged the ear maybe? I perforated my eardrum earlier this year and I have a similar sensation in my right ear, I can feel the air moving a lot easier in there - plus when I flew the right eardrum didn't pressurise or pop at all.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      i don't remember damaging and last time i went to ENT the doc looked at the ear drum and all seemed to be ok.
      I was coping pretty well. Yesterday was great day. I took a epson bath, did my usual routine (jaw muscles massage, 30min relaxation exercise) and here we go, T in left ear got crazy. Somebody must noticed that it was too easy for me and they turned the volume up. This shit is so unpredictable. I have hard time tracking what is causing what. I am lost, but there must be a reason for all this. Now i feel like my ear is clogged.

5. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have the same situation with one Eustachian tube clearing easily but the other being difficult to clear. In my case I have right-sided tinnitus and my right ear doesn't pop and crackle like the left. It improved after SOTO chiropractic care to the point that I can now get it to move, but it still doesn't behave exactly like the left tube. I've experimented with nasal irrigation lately and I do seem to be able to get some solution up there, but so far it's had no effect on my tinnitus.

My feeling is, a clogged Eustachian tube may have been my original problem, as may TMJD, but right now I'm mostly past that stuff and just need a drug to retrain the dysfunctional neurons.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Damn, i was doing so good and now after that epson bath and allowing the water to get to my ear, something is wrong. It rings much louder. There must be a relation to last event. Not sure what to do now?

7. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I done the hold nose and blow thing when I first got t. I could hear air in one ear but not the other.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      did you ever look into it any further?

9. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      No. The air I can hear is in my right ear. That's the ear that has very mild tinnitus. My left ear has bad tinnitus. Are we meant to hear air or not?