Exhausted

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'm exhausted. Only a few weeks into this shitty T life and it just seems to get louder and louder

I'm trying to make an effort not to notice it but that's frickin' exhausting. I hear it, then try to consciously make the decision to ignore it but it always seems to creep back in. I feel like my mind is constantly on high alert and multi tasking.

Yesterday my daughter wanted to lay in the couch and watch a movie with me and I couldn't keep my concentration in the movie. I flitted between trying to ignore the T, watch the movie and be present with my girl and by the end if the movie I was exhausted. Something that was once relaxing was hell for me.

I'm sorry to vent, I'm just on the corner of struggle street and pity parade :(

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Amelia, that is how it pretty much affected me, and I am sure most others the first few weeks. The T may or may not get better, but you will be able to handle it much better as each day goes by. Remember you are not alone.

You want to vent, this is the place!!!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Thank you @gary. Have to say, after that vent I felt much better!

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      You're lucky you are young, I believe a cure is right around struggle street.

5. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oh Amelia
      I vent here too when it gets to be too much. Have had T for years but not this level of noise
      and I am too finding it exhausting and life consuming. Post anytime I am new here and have learned so much from this kind people.

• Like Like x 1