Karl28

Author
May 16, 2014
Melbourne
Tinnitus Since
2001 bad since 2015
Cause of Tinnitus
Loud music via headphones
I have a bad case of eustachian tube dysfunction where my ears crackle and pop which makes my tinnitus get worse.

I've tried nasal sprays but they didn't work for my doctor suggested me taking prednisolone to help clear up the blockage or any inflammation.

It's a steroid and I've read it can possibly help during the onset of tinnitus but I've had tinnitus for many years now.

Does anyone have any experiences taking it?
Bad for tinnitus, helps, worse? etc...

Hi,

I've taken prednisolone two times this year for my inflammation, it took away the T for a couple days but make sure and follow the schedule and taper off correctly. :)

I was prescribed 5 day course of 40mg prednisolone back in March for a persistent cough. By day 3 I was getting blood in nasal phlegm and also some internal bleeding (probably intestinal). The internal bleeding only lasted a couple of days but the nasal bleeding lasted much longer (about 6 weeks) though thankfully it now seems to have ceased. My doctor didn't think it was likely that the bleeding was related to prednisolone. Long term usage of presnisolone is known to have potential risk of weakening or damaging blood vessels but my doctor didn't think a 5 day course would be sufficient to produce this effect. My own opinion is that the prednisolone was at least a contriibuting factor. Based on this experience, I would be very hesitant about taking prednisolone or any other steroid in future. I did notice a mild reduction in T while taking prednisolone but this did not outlast the 5 day period of usage.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now