Extreme Fatigue After My Tinnitus Started

Discussion in 'Support' started by SteveShield, Mar 20, 2019.

1. SteveShield

SteveShield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HTN Rx, Migraine hx, Oil of Wintergreen induced?
      Anyone suffering form extreme fatigue since their tinnitus started?

...Since I got this, 3 months ago, feel like all the energy in my body is being used up listening to this tinnitus, it depletes its energy...

• Agree Agree x 4
    2. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I would imagine almost all of people who have this constant and severe. It’s almost a given.

Before tinnitus I never had a bad night’s sleep in my life. I could sleep standing up. Now I wake up ten times a night. Everyday I feel like a zombie and it’s getting worse. A few months ago I was just about coping and working but now my body is falling apart with exhaustion and I’m ill constantly.

Before I got tinnitus I didn’t even have a cold for about 5 years. Since I got this 18 months ago I’ve been hospitalised with exhaustion, pneumonia, kidney infection and multiple chest infections and flu like symptoms. I even got hives recently after not sleeping for three days in the midst of my latest illness.

This affliction, at its most severe, opens a doorway to hell. No human is designed to be able to endure this.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 1
    3. jay777

jay777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo/ headphones
      I am too fatigue to know what fatigue is anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Margaret21

Margaret21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I am constantly exhausted mentally and physically with extreme headaches. Neck pain and the strangest symptoms. I slept great before this. I have to be on meds to sleep now because of this strange malady and I am against using meds but have no choice. I had incredible energy and hardly had to visit Doctors before this just appeared one morning upon awakening. The few people I know that claim to have this do not experience the same. I just don’t get this malady. I am trying so hard to be who I was before this.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SteveShield

SteveShield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes... we are not alone, praying for us all...

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      I can relate with @Bam at this. It is expected to feel fatigued if your tinnitus is loud. The depression of not being able to enjoy what life normally has to offer, the lack of sleep, the stress, the lack of the ability to relax and the state of a nervous system that is constantly tensed and overstimulated, compromise our bodies' balances and create a chain reaction of new health problems. That's my experience so far. The body is a holistic system. Mind and body is one. Bad psychological state and the general miserable state that tinnitus evokes create a fertile ground for more illnesses, health problems etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SteveShield

SteveShield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vermillion... so right on!... Cascade of events, must channel neurons that are happy ones, not easy... :)

8. gameover

gameover Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise+sinus
      @Bam reminds me of myself. Clearly, sadly, he is gone from this world.

And, damn, his story struck such a nerve. I brought tinnitus + hyperacusis onto myself due to my stupidity/ignorance. In case of @Bam, it was some bitch who was texting behind the wheel that caused that by crashing into his parked car. I'd have taken literal revenge, subjecting her to 150 dB sound making her suffer from the worst tinnitus imaginable.