Extremely Low Pitched Tinnitus with Ear Pain and Fullness. Infection?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blodorn, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Blodorn
      Bored

Blodorn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi!

A new tinnitus tone has come into my life tonight.

I need your help to find the cause.

This tinnitus is an extremely low hum and it sounds as if a computer was on. Also my left ear and my left nostril both feel full. My left ear hurts a bit.

Any ideas? Help :(

This sucks because my first tinnitus was almost gone. I was happy again.

Please note that it can't be noise induced, haven't exposed myself to any loud noises for a month.

Also I have a dental infection. Maybe the infection gets through my sinuses?

Please excuse my chaotic English, I'm actually a mess and can't think properly... Thank you again.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What was the loudest noise/environment you had exposed yourself to during that month?

3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      A doctor will be able to help you with this far better than anyone here. Don't risk it, definitely have someone look inside your ears. Could be hay fever too

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Blodorn

As I have explained to you before: you are new to tinnitus and it will fluctuate a lot and sometimes new tones come and go. This happens to a lot of people. As you have mentioned your tinnitus is fairly low most of the time which is good. However, this will not stop fluctuations in intensity and new tones being heard. It will settle down. The important thing is to try and remain calm and relaxed. Have you been tempted to use Headphones even at low volume? Have you been going to places where loud music has been played?

I ask this because it can be tempting in the early stages of tinnitus when one is recovering well, to think they have turned a corner and slip back into the old lifestyle. It is for this reason I've asked, have you been using headphones or a headset when playing computer games?

You have not even had tinnitus for 2 months, so my advice is not to be rushing off to the doctor unless your situation gets progressively worse hopefully not. Carry on using sound enrichment and give yourself and the tinnitus time to adjust because this is what is need. You have been responding quite well but needed, at least 12 to 18 months to make a full recovery. Just take things slowly and try not to overly worry as this will cause stress and can make your tinnitus seem more intrusive.

Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blodorn
      Bored

Blodorn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you and sorry for this thread.

I freaked out and posted this thread in haste. I'd erase it if I could.

It surprised me a lot since my tinnitus was kind of the same for 1 month. And then boom it switched ear and tone. I'm okay now.

So now my right ear is free of tinnitus and symptoms, but all my symptoms moved into the left ear (fullness etc...)

As I said, extremely low tone which is kind of new. And sometime a "eeeeeee" that fade and come back. In fact, it is easiest to deal with haha.

Thank you again.

6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You are welcome @Blodorn

Your tinnitus will change a lot so don't be surprised when this happens. It is understandable the way that you feel because all this is new. I advise you to never give into temptation and use headphones even at low volume. If things go badly you will regret it I promise you. Just take your time and relax and divert your attention to other things, which will take your focus away from the tinnitus. This will not happen overnight it takes time.....

All the best
      Michael

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I find it very interesting you got fullness in the other ear now. I have it in my left ear but that was the one that suffered mild hearing loss.