Fast Drumming in My Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by thesaint, Apr 29, 2015.

1. thesaint
      Confused

thesaint Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high pitched fans
      now what the f==k is happening to me, I'm getting a fast drumming in my left ear. I can stop it by plugging my nose and trying to blow through it like you would do after an airline flight, also can stop it by plugging my ear. Please someone tell me it can be stopped as I don't think I can deal with this and the constant ringing. Please advise !!!

2. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      TTTS (Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I have middle ear myoclonus and it feels like thumping in the ear but doesn't go with the heartbeat. The only way I stop mine is by putting my finger in my ear.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I agree that yours is most likely tensor tympani syndrome, which is like a muscle spasm in the ear. You might want to read up on it, to see if the symptoms sound like yours.

You could try getting a prescription for a muscle relaxer, to see if that might help. At home, you could try a magnesium supplement.

I have pulsatile tinnitus, which is a rhythmic pulsating in the ear, in sync with my heartbeat. One of the few things that has helped me has been magnesium supplementation. I take two magnesium chloride tablets per day, usually at night before bedtime.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Max_fcktr
      Crappy

Max_fcktr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      i have this too, it s from sounds, it much more at the mornings whene i weak up. i sure this is not myoclonus

6. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @Max_fcktr mine is not from sounds the spasm doesn't react to sounds and yes it's myoclonus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      I hear a heartbeat sound in my left ear in quite places only. If I twist my head to left it stops... o well its the least of my concerns at the moment.
      I have been taking magnesium tabs for 4 months now. I think this started after I had perforated eardrums back in June 2014. Never had any health issues before T.

8. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I had this for close to a year, gone now. I found it was worse with a tight neck, I never get it anymore.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. I think you are right Telis..I think its neck related. (SCM) perhaps?!

10. yessi90
      Angelic

yessi90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/05/2015
      The twitching is a factor of stressful situations in your life. Stress in your body causes your body to use up more magnesium than usual so you will find in most cases you lack the proper amount of it. The easy but difficult way to face this is to validate your feelings about the stressful situation and take action to removing thoughts that haunt you at night when you go to sleep. This way your body won't need as much magnesium when you relieved of stress. But if you don't feel ready then I would highly recommend more supplements, or food with high magnesium such as dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, bananas, dried fruit, and dark chocolate. Take care of your physical and emotional needs at this time if you are experiencing this. Do not take in junk food, any caffeinated drinks or drink alcohol! These substances actually bind with magnesium inside the digestive tract, rendering it unavailable to the body. Refined sugar is not only a zero magnesium product but it also causes the body to excrete magnesium through the kidneys. The effects of certain drugs have been shown to reduce magnesium levels in the body by increasing magnesium loss through excretion by the kidneys. So if you are on medication talk to your doctor to be properly prescribed. Too much magnesium can be just as harmful causing diarrhea as the body attempts to excrete the excess. Take care and be safe. I have experienced this random twitching so I feel your pain and insomnia. Best of luck, love and light to you all!

11. Joesoap100

Joesoap100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thumping noise
      I totally agree with the Magnesium tablets, it stopped mine within 4 hours, unbelievable but true. Now I just rake a 375 Magnesium tablet when it starts again.
      Peaceful now when I go to bed