Feeling Better About Tinnitus After 10 Months, Still Struggling with Mysterious Ear Pressure

Discussion in 'Support' started by GastonFla, Feb 13, 2020.

1. GastonFla
      Musical

GastonFla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock (Headphones)
      Hi, 10 months after my acoustic trauma, I can say that I feel much better about my tinnitus. I do not feel totally habituated, I have good and bad days but little by little I begin to have longer and longer moments where I don't even perceive the sound.

However, what still worries me is the continuous feeling of pressure or sometimes pain in the ear.

What can be causing this? Can something be done or is there no solution to these types of problems?
      Sometimes I think it can be related to my jaw since many times it sounds when I move it, and it also makes me "crack" my ear when I move the cartilage. It is as if the whole area is tensioned or something similar. I already tried going to the osteopath but I don't see great results other than a temporary relief for my jaw.

Any advice is welcome.
      Thank you!
      Gaston

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Ear pressures are not out of the norm. It's possible to have fluid built up in the back of the ears. Allergies tend to cause many things. I have ear pressures and a sensation in the ears, almost on a daily basis. I also believe that stress can possibly cause such dynamics and affect our ears. Our ears are so delicate and sensitive that many things can possibly trigger ear pressure, and possible discomfort.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      If you have ear pressure there's a chance that your tinnitus is somatic and could be totally cured if you cure your ear pressure.

Maybe it's ear infection or any other inflammation that can be treated with simple local drops in the ear.

Have you checked with your ENT?

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GastonFla
      Musical

GastonFla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for responding, I agree that our ears are very sensitive. So, in your opinion, is there anything that can be done about it, assuming the cause is fluid built up in the back of the ears? Or all that can be done is trying to reduce stress?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GastonFla
      Musical

GastonFla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wish it's somatic, but really after all this time I lost some hope in that regard.
      Obviously I went to several ENTs without getting great results, they gave me different medications but nobody gave me ear drops. Do you suggest trying a particular one even if an ENT has not prescribed it for me?
      Anyway, being almost certain that the cause of my problem was an acoustic trauma, I doubt that I can recover completely. Luckily I can say that I am better.
      Thanks!

6. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      Unfortunately if it was noise induced there is not much chance to recover.
      But that pressure feeling indicate an inflammation which is weird.

I can't tell you to take anything because anyway it's on prescription, but try to ask for Prednisone or any ear drop for ear infection (for local use). There is different brand depending on where you are.
      From my knowledge, you have no risk trying these out. Just be sure your eardrum is not pierced before ear drops, because those are ototoxic if they go behind the eardrum.

You can try curcumin for general inflammation. I know it works for my bowel. Maybe it could help you.

Let me know!

• Like Like x 1