Feeling So Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by geg1992, Feb 27, 2015.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Hi Mick,

Thanks very much, I really appreciate your help as well as the help of others!

I thought that would be the case but I read about people's ears getting worse by doing that. Mine seem to be getting worse and worse too. I'm dreading work on Monday! I'll have a look for them but I'm in England so who knows thanks. I am able to watch TV up to 65 fb which is one good thing I guess!

I just worry about if the H will get better. I can't live with this my whole life and I have a trip to disney planned in September which I've paid for most of, and may have to cancel that. :(

I don't understand though, as if the brain senses your hearing is lost, so over amplifies sounds, surely the hearing loss will always be there so your brain will always over amplify sounds? I don't get how we can get back to normal if that makes sense? Strange!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you again! I may look at these. I worry what sounds are causing more issues. As most sounds hurt so it's hard to tell which are damaging and which are not. I may wear ear plugs when driving as I have low profile tyres meaning the db reading is 80-90. Is that too high?

3. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      I installed a free app on my smartphone to measure db levels called sound meter. I have a speed3 which is pretty loud and I have low profile tires also. I've never recorded over 85db. You might want to double check with your car, but its usually in the 70db range for most of the ride. I think its 85 db for 8 hours or so and you really cant drive for that long so it should be safe. Ear plugs while driving should help. I know I had to take my hearing aids off when I had H driving to work.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have that app too!

And wow! That's the car i was looking at before I got T! Although it's the Mazda 3 MPs here. Yeah I've checked several times. The roads here are poor. It was 92 at one point. I'll check again later too. May get a new car - youve tempted me with the Mazda now!

5. H is not just anxiety. Mine has worsened over the last 1.5 years. Not sharing this to scare but inform. H is different for everyone and truly not one person can actually tell you what it is or IF it will go.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I guess it's a case of everyone's different isn't it, same with T! Luckily mine has improved a lot although once a week it seems to come back again. The less anxious I am towards it, and the more I expose my self to normal sounds, pushing through the uncomfortable times, the better it gets. I hope yours improves soon, it's such a horrible thing. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. Thank you.

8. PhyllisC

PhyllisC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2008
      Dear friends with hyperacusis, acupuncture significantly reduced this in one session for me, when my first ear event happened that resulted in my current tinnitus. Please try it. It made everything bearable again. My best to you.

9. I was just looking into this today, thank you for sharing :)

10. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I've been taking keppra and it's cured my hyperacusis and mine was severe. So I recommend that, if you want a real cure.

• Like Like x 1
    11. PhyllisC

PhyllisC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2008
      Danny Boy, I'm curious: What is keppra?

12. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    13. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      It's quite a safe drug, as I haven't had any side-effects as of yet.

14. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      True. Hyperacusis is a blanket term for all sorts of sound intolerances. Blanket terms are bad news, given that modern medicine is so criteria-driven and less inclined toward open-minded investigation than it once was. H vs anxiety is a real chicken and egg debate. Anxiety feeds it no doubt, but I do agree, without the H there wouldn't be the anxiety. Its what they call a positive feedback loop. On begets the other which makes it more intense which makes the other more intense and so on...

• Agree Agree x 1