Fluttering Ear Drum

Discussion in 'Support' started by StephAtkings, Oct 14, 2015.

1. StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi There, I have suffered with ear problems all my life. My tinnitus comes and goes. I have been referred to the ENT as i always get blocked ears. But just the last 3 weeks my ear drum seems to be making a fluttering sound. Has anyone experienced this ? Its brought on by a burp or when i am sleepin and can last for hours or days..... i think its worth mentioning to my ent but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this ??????

2. Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown cause (idiopathic)
      Yeah...had this actually about a minute ago. My tinnitus was sudden and wasn't caused by noise exposure. Now 4 weeks in with my Tinnitus. Lately my ears have started to randomly twitch/flutter/contract...whatever. Something is moving inside there and I don't like it.

3. Grace Roberts
      Fine

Grace Roberts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Teenage years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Frequent ear infections and trauma.
      Yes, Steph, I've had the wretched 'fluttering eardrum' feeling and it's soooo annoying. I first had it in the early 90s and the doc couldn't see anything in my ear. He did say, however that I could develop tinnitus in the future. I was horrified! I didn't know then that I already had it. (I thought everyone experienced 'that' noise)

I was prescribed ear drops, but they didn't help. I think it is stress related with me as I also have bi-polar disorder.

4. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I get it from time to time. I had it for a long time before I accidentally discovered it's caused by high pitched sounds. It lasts a couple days. The first time it happened I was riding my bike when it started and I thought I had a bug in my ear. I went to the doctor and they gave me a weird look when they found nothing.

5. Weswhat

Weswhat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It's called TTTS
      Tonic Tensur something syndrome. I have it too but ENT feels its due to my jaw,

6. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

I have both of it.. really annoy me. Lets hope its go away.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sorry Guys, I have not been on in a while. So glad someone responded as this has been getting me really down. It started fluttering maybe twice a week but for the full day. Now its appears nearly everyday. Sometimes for 15 minutes, other times 6-8 hours or sometimes the full day! Its brought on by a burp or a hiccup ! Or it comes on in my sleep but I have the feeling I could be burping in my sleep and this is why it starts. I am going to ENT for blocked Eustachian tube. I am still waiting on my appointment. So least I can bring this up with the ENT. I am also due to go to my GP on Thursday to see if she can help. It feels like a muscle !! A muscle twitching behind my ear drum. I cannot sleep and its really getting me low. Has anyone tried anything to help the symptoms ? I heard Magnesium can help is this correct ? Going to Holland and Barrett today to try it. Any advice would be fab xxxx

8. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

I also have kind of this until today but I'm not going to ENT yet. Mine are also appears everyday. Just try it out maybe it could help you. Don't worry, it will heal and you can live with happy life again

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I could deal with it if it only came for a couple of hours but its when I have it for the full day, it really makes me blue. Its been pulsing today since 3am and no sign of stopping. Every 30 seconds. I hope it finally goes away but I am not feeling hopeful because everything I read online is so negative :(

10. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

I feel sorry for you but I'm on same situation like u too. Everyday, my T and this twitching sound in my right ear always pulsing whenever I burp, strecthing and yawn. At one time,I'm so panic and worried. I know how you feel. Sometimes, I think I will be deaf and couldnt listen anymore. So I try to stay positive and ignore all of it, I do something that would make me happy and not think too much about it even the twitching sounds always happen and T become more louder and louder than usual. Everyday I pray that my T and fluttering ear heal by itself. I always read succesful story. Don't worry, you are not the only person who got this. There are more people outside there who got this. Good luck with ur appointment. Have a bless day, stay strong, don't be anxiety.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Your kind words have really helped. :) I am glad I am not the only one with a constant pulse after a burp/yawn. Normally when I go to sleep after having it all day, it goes away for 24 hours so fingers crossed I get a break tomorrow. ! I keep telling myself its only a wee flutter its not the end of the world. Least I can walk ,talk, hear and see properly. It could be so much worse ! Just need to be positive like you. Like everything I will get used to it. My T used to make me miserable and now I can block it out. So here's hoping ! Shall let you know what my GP says but I am not confident x

12. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

How long you got fluttering ear and T ? Mine since october this year.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have had T since I was 16 and it took my years to be able to drown it out. I only hear it now when its silent. I have constant hissing but again I can drown it out. The fluttering I have had on and off. I used to get it years ago but it would only stay for an hoursor two then go away for days / months and come back for an hour or two. The last month I have had it nearly every single day either for 15 minutes or the full day. It happens at night and wakes me up. It only happens during the day if i don't control my burps or if i hiccup. Yesterday I started taking 250mg of Magnesium a day. So going to see if this reduces it. I have not got it today but I heard it flutter once last night....so maybe its helping...If I wake up tomorrow with no flutter I will be really surprised. Going to GP tonight x

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Ok ear has started fluttering again....this time after I had a cup of coffee. I do not normally drink coffee,,,but it was a free star bucks ! Could not resist. Very strange. Shall let you know how I get on at Doctors ! x

15. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

Okay! [emoji1]

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      So the doctor had no idea what it was ! Gave me sleeping pills which I refuse to take ! I have limited my caffeine and been taken Magnesium supplements, I did not have the pulsing for 5 whole days !!! I forgot to take my magnesium tablet yesterday and woke up with the pulsing today.....so I am wondering if that is the reason for it ??? I am going to keep off the caffeine though just incase.....Do you feel reducing caffeine and taking Magnesium supplements help ? Seriously driving me crazy. I am still waiting on my ENT appointment but I do not feel hopeful.... Feeling low today :-(

17. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

Did u take amoxicillin?

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey there ! Sorry for the late reply! No Amoxicillin. Just stayed off caffeine and took magnesium. It went away for 5 days but its back again ! Does Amoxicillin help ????

19. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

Well amoxicillin can cure ear infection but for pulsing ear? i dont know. I've been taken amoxicillin for a week now but no signs that it goes away. So now i will go to see ENT next week cause my T get worsen and ear spasms still there.

20. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you ! I will have a read through. I do feel magnesium helps. So i am going to keep going with that. I feel my pulses dont last all day when i take magnesium. Let me know how you get on at the Ent. I am still waiting on my appointment ! Its good to know i am not alone. Thanks for your advice and support.

22. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I take magnesium threonate

I think this helps with that fluttering sensation

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      @deblnAustralia how often do you get this fluttering sensation.... I am at least 3 to 4 times a week. I have had it since September. Driving me banana's. I am going to try this Magnesium Threonat. I think I am taking a different type of Magnesium. Still waiting on ENT.

24. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

Does it helps reduce ringing sounds in ear?

25. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      No. But it stops the fluttering sensation

26. haruno_sasa

haruno_sasa Member

Thanks, I appreciate ur help.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Does Magnesium Threonate need to be prescribed ? I take Magnesium Oxide which I bought out a vitamin shop. But I cannot find the Threonate anywhere. x

28. Zippa80

Zippa80 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did anyone find a way for the vibration to go away?

29. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Had this a lot last year. Could last for many many hours. TTTS. Often linked to anxiety which of course is often brought about by intrusive tinnitus. In most cases goes away by itself thankfully. I found it more scary and annoying than my loud T.

• Genius Genius x 1
    30. Mike Evangelo
      Wishful

Mike Evangelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 9, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So did the magnesium oxide work?...

• Good Question Good Question x 1