For My TMJ Peeps: Do You Get Pressure on the Roof of Your Mouth and Top of Your Head?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike L, Jun 26, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Mike L

Mike L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Do any of you get pressure on the roof of your mouth and top of your head?

I'm doing tmj treatments and my jaw feels 100% better but now my head muscles and mouth feel like a weight is on it?

Just curious
    2. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mike,
      Great to hear your TMJ treatment is going well and hope others can answer your question....lots of love glynis
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      I get headaches daily. I don't really have pain on the roof of my mouth. My pain is predominately in my ears and in front of my ears.
    4. Paromita

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      I dont know for sure if I have TMJ, but I had a dental surgery of recent (got 3 tooth pulled out from my left jaw). My maxofacial surgeon says I can open my mouth wide so its not TMJ, but I seem to have all the classic symptoms.
      facial pain, numbness on my nose, my bite feels off to me, sometimes I bite my toungue, sometimes speech is slurry and excess saliva (gland under my tongue feels a bit painful)/Also have a burning tongue.

So since you hae TMJ, let me know if you have any thing like that.

To answer your question - yes when I touch the top roof of my mouth, all the nerve or muscle (?) come my nose starts tingling and becomes numb. I have some tingling on top of my head also.

I am stuck between nueralagia or TMD, cant figure out which one I am having.

On top of that, an upper cervial chiro has told me my C1, C2 is off....great right ? More confusion. Dont know which one to treat first. uuuuuuugh!