Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      Nice video... but why do I feel like I’m watching something in “Tomorrowland” or something at Epcot... in other words...never gonna happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Momme

Momme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise?
      How do you know for sure if it's hair cell death or cochlear damage to the synapses?

What if I have a normal audiogram or close to it? Is hair cell death possible then?

3. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Outer hair cell damage shows up on an audiogram but many people have a "normal" audiogram until they get one measured above 8000 Hz. I have high frequency tinnitus but my audiogram looks normal until 12000 Hz, where I have losses in the severe category.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Momme

Momme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise?
      This what mine says:

”A normal audiogram with the hint of a slight treble reduction. Presbycusis of mild kind. Average of 16 dB air conduction bilaterally.”

Damn, if it's the synapses, I guess Dr. Susan Shore and Pipeline is our hope.

5. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      How can we ever be sure that hearing loss is due to hair cell death? Sorry for the layman question.

6. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Outer hair cell death shows up on an audiogram (may need an extended one above 8000 Hz to see it, though). If it's IHC loss or synapse, it won't show up on an audiogram.

• Like Like x 1
    7. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Did you get a standard audiogram or an extended one? I have high frequency tinnitus and my hearing loss didn't show up on a standard audiogram but was highly abnormal on an extended audiogram.

8. Momme

Momme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise?
      I think it was standard audiogram. Is it hair cell death then for me? Should I have an extended audiogram done?

9. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      Frequency's share price keeps rising.

• Like Like x 3
    10. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I can't tell you whether you have it or not. I only can say that for me personally, my hair cell death was not evident until I did an extended audiogram.

11. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I suspect this is in advance of their JP Morgan presentation tomorrow at 11am PT/2pm ET.

12. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      Love it.
      I'm in with 4000 dollars.

• Like Like x 3
    13. patorjk
      No Mood

patorjk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      I'm in with a handful of shares too. I'm tempted to buy more, but I don't want to lose a lot of money if things don't turn out good, and I realize my emotional investment in this drug may cloud my vision (as it did with AM-101, which I lost $5K on - I did a $7K investment in Auris Medical back in the day).

I do wonder what the prospects for this company are though. They have a market cap of 642.79M. If this drug is the real deal and improves hearing and cures tinnitus, how big will it get?

14. grate_biff
      In pain

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      BIG!

And they won't stop there either. They are in it to regenerate the hell out of this world with their progenitor activation key. I truly am rooting for them, mostly for my health though.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    15. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
      Two weeks ago, one day before the New Year's eve, Zacks Investment Research upgraded the stock from a hold to a buy rating, with a target price of $21.00. I just checked in and the price is right on target! It's currently trading at $21.25. Over the last two weeks it went up almost 17% (from a $17.53 to a $20.19 close yesterday). Not bad... not bad at all.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    16. hopeful4future

hopeful4future Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun Shot
      SOB! I’ve been waiting for it to get back to that $15.00 mark but I think I missed that train!

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. Momme

Momme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise?
      When ya’ll think FX-322 is coming out for the public?

18. patorjk
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      Looking at the numbers, the stock is up 24% since Monday, that seems like a lot. I wonder if people are speculating that the CEO will announce something at the conference tomorrow? Or maybe something has leaked about what he'll talk about?

From my understanding, there shouldn't be anymore news on FX-322 until after the phase II study. The only other thing I can think of is maybe some news on the Multiple Sclerosis drug they're working on, but their website says the next milestone will occur the second half of 2021.

19. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I think 2 years is conceivable. Depending on factors like conditional approval in lieu of phase 3, and distribution etc., this could be between 1-3 years.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    20. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Speculation and insider knowledge will push FREQ shares up a lot. It's a binary trade either, you win big time or lose big time. The risk reward ratio is massive though. When upcoming events move the price it's pure speculation and when nothing is seemingly pushing the price around it's probably insider knowledge. Good luck to anyone invested. It will be a crazy ride I imagine.

21. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Wow another big opening again today. I suspect this is just a speculative frenzy but it would be pretty cool if the smart money knows something.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    22. grate_biff
      In pain

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, it's really crazy. They have gone up almost 40% since I bought them 12 days ago.

Hopefully this is good news that reflects on the effectiveness of FX-322 as well. But I guess that's too much to hope for at this point! Still, something positive might have leaked from phase 2a (y)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      That makes me wonder. If you take part in this clinical trial you are probably not allowed to buy stock.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    24. patorjk
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      I missed the first part of the webcast, I didn't hear any new information though. Did anyone catch it from the beginning? Was anything interesting stated?

25. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      I was thinking the same thing as I was buying a few shares.

26. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Anyone else listen to webcast and Q and A? Thoughts?

A few "new" points I picked up on:

-- all moderate to moderately severe patients saw a word score increase but 4/6 of them were more robust.

-- theoretically this should help synaptopathy *if* you also have hair cell loss at least because the new hair cells make new connections. This makes me think it works for IHC loss too because isn't that where the synapse loss is in cochlear synaptopathy?

-- they think their method is superior and more like natural regeneration in species that do regenerate because the support cell divides first and isn't just transformed (unlike say Regain, though they didn't mention them by name but they did say "another competitor").

-- I really want to listen again when they repost it but during Q and A someone from Frequency seemed to have responded that they saw changes in their extended measures (ultra high frequency losses and tinnitus) across mild and moderate patients. If I heard that right (and will recheck when posted online), that is *huge* news imo.

-- it seems they didn't do multiple injections pre-clinically in rats but suspects they will get greater improvement w it in humans.

-- zero safety concerns on their end or FDA.

-- the FDA has confirmed that they consider the quality of life implications of this drug to be the same as "life or death" drugs.

• Like Like x 17
      • Informative Informative x 1
    27. patorjk
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      Most interesting take away I got from the Q&A: In the phase I trial, 6 of the patients in the FX-322 group had moderate to moderately severe SNHL, and the other 9 had mild SNHL. The 4 individuals in this group that had significant improvements in their hearing were in the severe SNHL group, and all 6 in the severe SHNL group had improved hearing (it's just that only 4 were statistically significant).

So it sounds like this drug, at least with the phase I dosing and delivery, will benefit people with severe hearing loss. Hopefully the increased dose will change things, and hopefully the delivery mechanisms will improve. It'll also be interesting to see how hearing improves over time since they're measuring the individuals for a longer period of time. Maybe the people with moderate hearing loss will also improve, it'll just take more time for the effects to be noticed. Still, I was glad to hear everyone with severe hearing loss improved. If this drug is effective, it would make the most sense that that group would improve the most.

• Like Like x 4
    28. Gorbeh3

Gorbeh3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss
      • Like Like x 8
    29. hopeful4future

hopeful4future Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun Shot
      Well it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to do anything below 3,000 Hz. Kind of disappointing for me as all my hearing loss is at 3,000 Hz and lower.

30. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      • Like Like x 1