Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Niko

Niko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nightclub
      Has anyone asked them about tinnitus?

2. Berik

Berik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A centralized topic/paper from t-talk would be helpful for this.. Which company does what, stands where, and expects what with regards to T/H/menieres. Now it's scattered around. Perhaps a central topic with the starting post maintained by few of the experts here.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    3. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
      There was this thread...

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/companies-developing-cures.21781/#post-249878

It then grew to something more than that...

https://cochlearpro.com/

It's still work in progress. We had some very good ideas for the site, if I may say so myself. But we just don't have the time or the resources to implement them. Just keeping track of things is hard enough. You could help us with that maybe? I mean all of you here of course, in whatever capacity you can. For starters, let's try to keep this thread on topic and only post relevant news related to Frequency Therapeutics. That should make our task of keeping track of things easier.

• Like x 13
      • Winner x 3
      • Creative x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Informative x 1
    4. Codaz

Codaz Member

What a vast resource of new drugs in development. I wonder why we don't hear more about them. It's almost that with so many clinical trials going on I wonder why no one on TT is in one of the trials at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Nice work! Which new features do you plan to implement? Maybe I can help...

Maybe answer in the original thread.

6. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Probably scared they are going to make their condition worse, but I completely agree with you.

7. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      No, it's because most of these products are preclinical or in recruiting phase.

• Agree Agree x 4
    8. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      I sent an e-mail to the regain project sunday but haven't heard anything back.

9. Berik

Berik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 6
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
    10. Shaneo
      Fine

Shaneo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Don't think this will help us Otosclerosis sufferers, but could lead research into the right direction.

Promising results, and I am hopeful that in 10 years there should be some extreme advances in reversing hearing loss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Why not? I don't see this helping the conductive part of course (but for that there is already a pretty reasonable treatment), but I can't think of any reason why it couldn't help with the sensorineural part?

• Agree Agree x 3
    12. jcloth

jcloth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    13. Benoves

Benoves Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      26-9-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow possibly noise trauma
      I think Thats great

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      The US Government has interest in muscle regeneration but not cochlear hair cell regeneration.
      Why not both as it meets the interest of the service men and women.

upload_2018-2-15_10-6-51.png

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Good Question Good Question x 5
    15. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      I think Frequency should concentrate and start recruiting for phase 2 on their FX-322 program.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 6
    16. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced

I saw this today as well, and was like really?!?! what about hearing loss!!! I would have to make the assumption that hearing is still part of the governments interest, considering it the number 1 disability our veterans face.

This is huge news that the Government is showing interest, should mean a surplus of funding is coming.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    17. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I think it's a good sign and it's still in preclinical phase. So it will last a while before they are entering
      a clinical trial. In the article they mention that hearing is their core pipeline and they plan to progress
      to Phase 2 this year. Then we will see... if there is no hearing improvement it would be a big backdraft for us,
      but if there is just a few relevant enhancement, it would finally be a proof for functional hair cell regeneration.
      It's exciting to see what Frequency and Auidon TX will achive in their trials.

• Agree Agree x 6
    18. Berik

Berik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Could be that with the current investors they don't need additional funding for there hearing loss drug. It would only seem to me, that Trial 1 results look so promising, Government is willing to invest in making other treatments possible based on the same technology. I bet the hearing loss drug, if successful, will be procured by the Government anyway. But if they currently don't need funding for that part, why would you invite them to the party? You already have the goose with the golden egg.. You don't share the Goose, you just sell them the eggs..

I would like to think the Trial 1 was so successful, Government wanted to be on board to speed up future/other possibilities based on this technology, rather than waiting for the hearing loss drug to be sold successfully, and FX would be able to broaden their field of application with the revenue from those sales. Basically, we should consider this as very optimistic news. Apparently research and trials of FX so far, has made the Government willing to invest to speed up other possible applications of these drugs. Good news.

Might be, for example, they agreed funding, to be offset/paid back by supplying the hearing loss drugs..

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    19. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Agree. But there is still to proof if hair cell regeneration will really enhance hearing and for how long and and....
      Their webpage presents the PCA technology as the solution it's already there and certain that it's working.
      I love to surf their pages and read about the 3min treatment in an ENT clinic. :)
      It sounds far better then drilling holes into the cochlea like the cgf166 trial does.
      Does someone read something new about the Novartis trial...it's very calm.
      What about the Stanford researches? They seem to be far more sceptical about easy hair cell regeneration.

• Agree Agree x 4
    20. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      @tomytl
      I don't see why hair cell regeneration wouldn't improve hearing only thing I could imagine if the hair cells were not able to regenerate in the first place. Just be positive :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    21. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      They wouldn't start clinicial trials on humans if they did not have good evidence that hair cell regeneration improves hearing in animals..

• Agree Agree x 4
    22. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Evidence is there for sure, and possible that they have excellent data from human explants. While the Audion Tx approach sounds more experimental, FrequencyTx sounds very certain, but in the end, phase 2/3 will finally give us a direction.
      Everything is possible...if there is some growth of hair cells or nevrves, maybe it would sound distorted or very sensitive or generating some T like sounds....Maybe it only works for some range in a very little enhancement. But even 10-20% would make a big difference.
      Does someone got some infos about the presentation of Audion duing the ARO Event in Sam Diego?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    23. Berik

Berik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 2
    24. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. Steven__

Steven__ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure, TMJ
      Whoever puts money in would definitely be rich soon enough lol

26. Graig

Graig Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden Hearing Loss
      Anybody concerned that Frequency seems to be getting more involved in additional ventures other than hearing restoration? Recent news has focused around other opportunities that they are working on separate from hearing restoration. Their website has also been updated and still mentions hearing as being their first focus but they have now shown more diversification and less detailed info around their hearing restoration venture. I would be concerned if their first attempt does not yield strong results that they may push hearing down on their list of priorities. Maybe they are so confident in their first attempt that they are ready to start diversifying and taking on new projects? Who knows, I'm just curious of others opinions on these recent updates.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    27. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      I´m worried if this stalls the process of getting on with phase 2 of FX-322. Thats all that matters to me.
      For me, it will all make or brake with this trial. I´m very eager to see it get started already!

• Agree Agree x 2
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      I was a little worried as well, but in that last article the president was quoted as saying that he remains focused on the hearing restoration portion of the program. I guess we will see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
    29. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Biotech companies like this are high risk but when they pay, they pay. If this company is successful, it would be well worth buying stock in it (if it goes plc) . But look at Auris medicals stock, their shares have plummeted and I was interested in buying them a couple years ago - good job I never

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I wouldn't be too worried because of further projects. From the beginnong, they mentioned, that their PCA approach might work in other fields too.
      For the hearing program,it's just relevant what phase 2 will result in. At the same time, Audion TX trial will also take place.
      We need proof, that they can retrigger hair cell regeneration.
      We still haven't get any sign from cgf-166 Novartis approach.