Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Tezcatlipoca
      Question it

Tezcatlipoca Member

I've read pages 1-483 too, it doesn't make me a scientist. The people working on FX-322, however, are.
      It's all a conspiracy man. It's all connected.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    2. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      FX-3QQ.

• Funny Funny x 7
      • Genius Genius x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      How far does the rabbit hole go? Is Langer a fraud too? Hmmm...

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Tezcatlipoca
      Question it

Tezcatlipoca Member

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    5. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Show's over folks - close down the thread.

• Funny Funny x 12
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Aaron91 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/headphones/concerts - Hyperacusis from motorbike
      That's a lot of words to say you've got a short position. How bad is it?

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    7. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I'm still trying to understand this bear thesis:

Wirecard was a company in Germany who cooked their books (but isn't a biotech), so therefore Frequency Therapeutics could be a fraud, too. Starting with that conclusion, they must have done it by hiring fake patients.

Did I miss anything?

• Like Like x 5
    8. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      Something that's really tiring, and I've probably done it too in the past when I didn't read the studies, is the people who doubt the science without any reasoning. Doubts are perfectly fine, as I have a lot of them.

But I'm sorry, you don't have an analytical mind if you don't understand why we are sitting at four people with statistically significantly improved word scores and something to be optimistic about. There's the fact that recruitment was only n=23, which is commonly low for safety trials. Or the fact that only 6 people were eligible for consideration due to the ceiling effect (a real, published concept cited in the paper).

You have a rather elitist tone, as if we are all in outer space or something with the Frequency Therapeutics messaging. Do you think you are a genius because you observe that their tweeting is about hidden hearing loss? This is most people's expectations. In a lazy way, you are just straw manning this made up idea that everyone in this thread thinks FX-322 will be the end of tinnitus. Most people's expectations is more along the lines of improvements based on following the science in EHF.

What the hell was the point of saying you have tinnitus worse than 90% here? Also, you do know that almost everyone that regularly contributes to this thread is super anti-TRT (quite literally, the direct reason why they are here lol) so your line about TRT not helping isn't like some magic trick that makes us stare in awe.

Please give real reasons for doubt. I believe you that you may know your way around markets and trading, but you haven't really given any high-level rebuttals.

• Agree Agree x 8
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    9. patorjk
      No Mood

patorjk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      There's something a little insidious about this post. While I'm all for people giving bearish opinions on Frequency Therapeutics, you don't say wait until they fail, you'll say wait a week (March 11) for a price drop. Based on how the market has been lately, FREQ may very well drop between now and the 11th. It almost seems like you're trying to scare people into selling so that you can buy at a cheaper price. It reminds me of the bear raid concept.

If you think Frequency Therapeutics will fail it would have made more sense to say "wait until the results", which are coming out this month anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You guys clearly missed the following:
      Translation: sharing a link to your recently released, peer-reviewed research in a medical journal = imminent stock failure.
      Translation: executing a trade and taking a screenshot of it = stock expert.

Also, he has a girlfriend.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
      i-award-you-no-points-and-may-god-have-mercy-on-your-soul.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      The fake research that was peer reviewed prior to starting the company. Langer was in it for the long con... obviously.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. d'Wooluf

d'Wooluf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I think he's right that Frequency Therapeutics have been trying to keep their share price high through positive spin. Seems like a natural thing to do seeing as the original founders (the guys with lots of shares) are still in charge. So long as no-one actually lies.

The bit about falsifying the results? Well, the company that conducted the trials for Frequency Therapeutics would be putting their entire business at risk. I gather it's a pretty large business. The principals at Frequency Therapeutics would have to give up their professorships, their numerous awards and their gold pens when they retire. And they'd go to jail for a long time. Would you do it? Me neither.

• Like Like x 3
    14. Toby1972
      Sleepy

Toby1972 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise drama and stress
      a) To be honest, I don't know how studies work and what effort it would be to recruit fake patients or manipulate the study itself.

b) Yes, I am a stock market expert. I was already at the dotcom bubble 2000.

c) I claim that my tinnitus is 90% louder than the rest of here because this is my experience from various tinnitus support groups. I often heard there "yes, during the day I can no longer hear my tinnitus, only in peace". LOL.
      I would donate all of my fortune if I got that level of tinnitus. My tinnitus whines all day and despite all the techniques it can not be ignored in any situation - well, I can't shower all day, that would be expensive, I would have to speculate with a waterproof cell phone in the shower :).

d) I have absolutely no interest in influencing stocks with my opinion in any way. I would not do that in a forum full of tinnitus sufferers.

e) It's just a shitty feeling that I just have. Why does Frequency Therapeutics tweet a result from Phase 1 if it is six months old (no idea how old exactly)?
      Has someone slipped on the keyboard? Haha.
      And now the falling prices, that sounds like insider knowledge and actions...

f) I swear if I see any improvement in my tinnitus from FX-322 (maybe in light years), I will donate €1,000 EUR to a tinnitus charity or research group (or to the 10% here who are more severely affected than me).

15. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      You must remember that the brain has become a "religion" in academia, it does not require the sort of cause and effect evidence you would need to be taken seriously in the study of other body organs.

16. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Thank you for that interesting thought.

The Vestibular System Endolymph Motion...

• Informative Informative x 1
    17. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      Round window permeability. 20% of us won't let anything through.

These are the words coming from my ear surgeon.

18. grate_biff
      In pain

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This claim makes it hard to take you seriously.

You have no idea, do you?

You should try having severe noxacusis in addition to ultra high pitch tinnitus.
      Taking a shower for me is like entering a torture chamber.

We all suffer immensely or we would not be here.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 3
    19. spacehunter

spacehunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019 (mild), 09/2020 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      I guess most Tinnitus Talk members who invested in FREQ have done it for the long run. We all know that investing into Biotech is risky and if they fail their trials, the Stock might drop significantly (frowning at OTIC).

I agree that we should not already hope that the outcome of the current trial will show immediate relief for the majority of us. My expectations/realistic hopes are:
      1. FX-322 will hopefully show great results for the highest frequencies but the benefits won't reach really into the range of standard audiograms.
      2. People who have mainly high frequency hearing loss (above 8 kHz) will get relief from their tinnitus.
      If 1. were the case, it would already be great and show that FREQ will be successful in the long run, since one hopefully only has to reach deeper into the cochlear. If in addition 2. were the case, this would be even better since then for most of us there will be a realistic chance of treatment for the first time ever.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    20. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      They addressed this at some point and said (to their surprise) the genetic and anatomical differences didn't seem to matter with their drug's diffusion. I wish I could remember where and I would link it to you.

• Like Like x 3
    21. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      annV to the rescue.
      Source:
      Frequency Therapeutics Shares Clinical Data From Exploratory Study Confirming Delivery of FX-322 to the Cochlea

• Winner Winner x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    22. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You call yourself a stock expert but make investment decisions on just "a shitty feeling you have"? Lol.

Your suggestion that falling prices are down to insider knowledge and actions would suggest to me you don't really understand how the stock market and companies operate, and I say this as a novice when it comes to the stock market. Under SEC rules, it would be illegal and highly punishable to sell shares in the (insider) knowledge that a company is about to release bad news. Insider selling also has to be filed months advance with the SEC, and therefore well before any results would have been known to any executives.

Additionally, if you knew anything about stocks, you would know the whole biotech market is down right now. So yes, FREQ is down about 4% this month, but so is the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index.

You know, I initially thought you were trolling, but your post history would suggest you aren't. So I agree with @patorjk that something insidious might very well be going on here (hence my short position comment), but even a rookie shorter would be able to make a better bear thesis than you have.

I must therefore conclude you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    23. spacehunter

spacehunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019 (mild), 09/2020 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      For me personally, having the loudest tinnitus is not really a competition. No matter how we got tinnitus, no matter what the true underlying mechanism is, we are all in this together - trying to cope with it, trying to understand its nature and finally trying to get rid of it again.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 3
    24. jeff W

jeff W Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      But the rest of his rant makes so much more sense! :LOL:

"My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine..."

upload_2021-3-4_14-0-56.png

25. dd314

dd314 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma + stress?
      If you look at past studies involving auditory nerve section, you'll see that it actually worked for some people, I've seen anywhere between 1/3 and 2/3 success rate from the few studies on NCBI. This alone is suggestive of two very broad subgroups...

• Like Like x 2
    26. Bailes
      Sunshine

Bailes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Sounds to me like we are all getting a bit anxious and tetchy. :arghh:

Thanks @annV for the link. Best of luck.

@Toby1972, I hope you find some relief someday soon with FX-322 or if not, hopefully with something else.

Not long to go now folks. We've waited this long... really so impressed with some of the input here to sometimes calm or quell my fears.

Pray to whatever God you believe in to make FX-322 a Saviour/Elixir.

Stay safe.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    27. grate_biff
      In pain

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The FREQ stock is really plummeting now. I don´t like the timing of it.

I pray it has nothing to do with FX-322 efficacy?

28. Zugzug

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think you are referring to this report described by a surgeon:

Cochlear nerve section for intractable tinnitus

Since I think my etiology may be related to the cochlear nerve, I read the paper in entirety. Very interesting stuff. The author indicates that the group helped by this has cochlear or cochlear nerve issues, hence relevant to many people. The reason why Translabyrinthine VIII Nerve Sections are avoided is because they (obviously) cause total deafness on the side that is sectioned.

The case report is nuts. The guy had tinnitus so bad that he told the surgeon he would kill himself if it wasn't relieved. He ended up getting the surgery, deafening the bad ear, and saw a near total relief.

My suspicion is that it works because the brain stops being "teased" by a hearing signal. It's just gone, completely and moves on. Also, this is an interesting piece of evidence that tinnitus is not stuck in the brain. If it was, we wouldn't see a 2/3 success rate by sectioning the cochlear nerve.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    29. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Biotech (and tech in general) is down since the bond yield news last month. Here's an article that may be worth reading:

The Treasury Market Is Spooking Tech Stocks Again. Here’s Why.

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    30. Zugzug

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The left is FREQ and the right is NBI (NASDAQ Biotechnology Index). If FX-322 was failing, the drop would be much quicker.

upload_2021-3-4_12-3-12.png upload_2021-3-4_12-3-36.png

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2