From 10/10 “Suicide Tinnitus” to Periods of Almost Silence — Possible, But Not Without Some Effort

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SoundB0und, Apr 22, 2020.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      I mean they did seem to help my tinnitus, but I never got a good knack at N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Nicotinamide Riboside or Curcumin because I had to quit because of side effects very soon. I can't decipher also how strong the placebo effect was because of this. Didn't even have time to experience other health benefits.

At the time of me trying them, my tinnitus was really bad also and much closer to the acute phase. I doubt they or any other supplements would do much for me anymore even if I were to dodge side effects. Mostly I just added the supplements to the list to show what I tried.
      The thing is, since those supplements are a very hit or miss there's no way to predict what will work because of our individual biologies, you have to try and play the guinea pig if you decide those things are worth the risk to your health and the financial cost.

I'm not an expert on Curcumin, so I don't know, and it's somewhat contingent on the person as well. I couldn't even take it for more than a couple of doses. You could read the Curcumin thread or search the forum for Curcumin and see how long it took for people to work, if it indeed did work for them.

It's good that you're at least open to trying out some supplements. Overall the message of this thread that I wanted to convey was, that one doesn't need to accept his circumstance, tinnitus or other health issues, and do his own thorough research and testing out stuff on himself, within reason considering the cost and the health risks etc.

It's the difference between trusting the doctors and almost everybody on this forum, taking the beaten path, or going to the Jungle with a machete to make your own path. I know now that the last option might not be for everybody, but for me, I realized that was the only way to get out of this mess, since I was not offered a good conventional option, which I would have preferred had there been anything at all.

Good luck with the Curcumin if you try it.

• Like Like x 1
    2. scotty03874

scotty03874 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear / Leading to more issues after ear surgery
      Sarasota FL. Slapped in the ear.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Aquaticon

Aquaticon Guest

I have indeed read the thread on Curcumin but noticed many of the proponents there no longer post on this forum. I started taking it just to see if clearing up inflammation might help, and I doubt it'll really hurt given its general innocuous nature. I suspect it won't achieve much though since what I have now feels more cerebral in cause.

I suppose a better question would be at what point should I be concerned natural healing won't suffice? I'm a little over a month in, and while improving, I'm worried I'll bottom-out after a few months and have consequently squandered the golden hours I had to address the root of the problem.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      That's the thing, you won't know if natural healing will suffice until it's too late. People say give it 6 months of waiting at minimum, more like a year and by then you're way out of the acute phase.

That was my biggest fear actually, I knew myself well enough to realize that if I didn't buy the laser, I'd be thinking "what if" or "what if I had started sooner" forever -- not something I wanted to live with.

It's a bit different for different things you can try as well. Prednisolone you need to do within a week or 2, really ideally within days. HBOT within a couple of weeks.

Laser within 3 months(I started before 3 months had passed, which seems to be the final limit where you can still get a good recovery from what I've read). But it seems to pretty much always be true that the sooner you take action the better. Getting out of the acute phase is not like a lightswitch, more like a volume knob imo.

Also, in my opinion, the dangers of the alternative treatments are mostly overblown and the potential benefits undervalued. I'd not try something like BPC-157 unless I really had to and it's probably rather dangerous, but Nicotinamide Riboside, NAC and especially Curcumin are pretty innocuous in my estimation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. innergflow

innergflow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/23/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      May I ask you what the name of the place was? I live less than 2 hours from Sarasota. Thanks.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      It’s now been around 3 years of lasering, right around mid June 2018 is when I started. I’m now pretty sure that neither ear is improving tinnitus wise, but I’m not quitting because maybe it helps somewhat to protect against further damage if I were to get it, meaning it might keep my ears more resilient. Probably not true but it’s worth the on average 17 minutes daily investment for me.

So where am I at right now? It’s very hard to say how much exactly I have improved in those 3 years, because the effects have been so gradual. It can’t really even be measured in months. The first year, much improvements, especially in the right ear (only because of my mistake), the second year significantly less improvements than the first, and the third year very little improvements.

The left ear is still 4x worse or so than the right and it’s not improving anymore. Need to be careful with it and not make mistakes going outside. I can walk in the city without hearing protection now but a loud motorcycle or a speeding firetruck with sirens going by close to me would probably still make the left ear worse. If I do that I have my Peltors in hand, the X4As that look smaller and most people confuse them with headphones. Still, this was absolutely impossible 2 years ago, with how bad my hyperacusis and reactivity were.

There’s not much left to try anymore and I’ve had awful luck with tolerating supplements. If money wasn’t an issue I could consider stem cells, at the moment they’re out of my price range. I’ve said this before but I didn’t have much faith in the laser treatment, it was a desperate effort to buy me some time before official treatments that I was interested in came out, namely FX-322, which flopped, so I’m really glad I went for it. My life at the moment is tolerable, even good. It definitely wasn’t when I started lasering.

One more thing, I'm going to get vaccinated with the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, and I'm kind of worried about interactions with the ear laser(something which nobody has studied, but if anybody here has any theories I'd be glad to read them) or it just making tinnitus worse on its own. I'll probably quit the laser a couple of weeks before the shot and after also, then pick it up again, starting with slow durations at first.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. Brian Newman

Brian Newman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting/loud noise
      Forgot to ask, what place did you go to in Sarasota Florida?

8. scotty03874

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Broward ENT, Fort Lauderdale. Don't waste your money. I spent $8000.00. No hearing or tinnitus improvement.

Two weeks of laser treatments. I think 15 total treatments...

https://advancedrejuvenation.us/

Sarasota, FL...

• Like Like x 1
    9. Brian Newman

Brian Newman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting/loud noise
      Damn, thanks anyways. What happened? I read somewhere you said it brought you from a 7 to like a 2?

10. scotty03874

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It did. I thought you meant the stem cell treatment I did in Fort Lauderdale in May 2021.

This actually did help me in September of 2020.

11. Freerunner

Freerunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caloric test
      Hi @scotty03874, did the reduction in your tinnitus level stay the same after using the laser or was it a temporary relief?

12. Freerunner

Freerunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caloric test
      Hi again, @scotty03874, I hope you are doing good. Can you please let me know if the effect from the laser was long lasting? If not, for how long did the effect last?

Thanks.

13. Hottopic29

Hottopic29 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zithromycin acoustic trauma 2022
      I'm thinking of using Broward for stem cells. Which ones did you get from them? I'm thinking bone marrow.

• Informative Informative x 1
    14. scotty03874

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fat cells & blood, I did liposuction for the fat (lower stomach) and withdrew blood from my arm. Don't waste your money. I got nothing from it.

• Informative Informative x 1