Fundraising for Tinnitus Research

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Neenie, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Neenie
      Depressed

Neenie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi gang,
      So i've decided to do some fundraising. I'm going to ride 30km every day for a month, maybe 2. I want to set up a fundraising page, I have no idea how to do this. Do you guys know of an organisation that I should raise money for?
      Thanks
      Nina

2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Maybe take a look at the main charities and decide which you like the best. We tend to lean towards to TRI as their operating expenses are covered, so all money goes into research. The BTA run the only T helpline and also fund research so they are pretty good too - being that I'm in the UK though I'm probably biased.

If it were me I think I'd do it for something specific rather than just general fundraising, maybe for a particular research project that one of them is running or a project that you think can bring some real value. Think about the emotional connection, is there a charity that has been a help for you, a reason you want to help them? Is there a story around the fundraising that can engage people outside of family, friends and TT family?

Most people tend to use this to run their fundraising http://www.justgiving.com - haven't used it myself but it's worth taking a look at.

• Like Like x 1