Ginkgo Biloba and Tinnitus Increase

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asian, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      I have recently started taking neurozan tab for tinnitus. It has all the brain tonics including 120 mg gingko biloba. My tinnitus has has become more sharp and noticeable just after 3 doses of it. I can't say for sure if it was ginko or something else in the tab that has made it worse. Has anybody had increase in their tinnitus after taking gingko biloba ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Gingko normally helps mild deprssion and anxiety but takes about 12 weeks to build up in your system ...lots of love glynis

3. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      Ginkgo only increase vasodilatation, so it should (in some cases) help T.

And neurozan seems like vitamins/ supplements so it seems good. And those take times to be effective. So i think this is a coincidence.

4. Everyloop

Everyloop Member

While I was taking a lot of supplements I thought ginkgo biloba, featuring 24% flavone glycosides 6% terpine lactones made my tinnitus worse.

5. annie J

annie J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      suspect long term Prozac, and/or chronic severe stress
      Yes I started taking ginkgo recently and mine has become louder. I didnt even think of that... Oh that's a worry! Will it die back down after a while if I stop taking it??

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise..no idea.. unicorns?
      It did for ne. Just discontinue use.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      April /1996
      I doubt that it is the Gingko making your tinnitus louder. If I were you I'd continue taking it as it can increase hearing and helps some people with tinnitus. Make sure you're taking a good brand. Avogel is good. Taken as a tincture. 15 drops in a little water 3x a day. Available from Amazon.

8. Riya

Riya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere disease
      I have right ear pulsating T and looks like it increases with ginko... so I stopped it today and somewhat the pulsating reduced but it is still there...