Going to the Doctors Next Week

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamclem, May 7, 2016.

1. Jamclem
      Fine

Jamclem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flying then Sport (Probs)
      Hello everyone,

I am going to an ENT doctor this Friday who I have never been to. I have good hearing and got all clear inmy MRI. But my T has become somewhat pulsilate in one ear during the last two months. Any sort of things I should ask for while I am there regarding medication or therapies? Trobalt, Xanax, Clonzepam? (Sofar I have only got herbal tablets from the)

So you know I am going to ask for a referral from her so that I atleast have a possibility of being in a trial for Neurofeedback at a university medical centre here.

Anyways thanks in advance for your tips you may have.

James :)

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi James,
      Welcome to Tinnitus talk.
      Pulsitile tinnitus could be as simple as picking up your pulse from your coroted artery that is near to your ear.
      Beta blockers of hearing aids can help with pulsitile tinnitus.
      Glad to hear your MRI was ok...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      My dear buddy, there is no need to get medication like those. They will seem like a miracle at first, but they get people addicted and then you cannot just quit them. It is utter hell, the pain that it causes mentally and physically is pure HELL. I was on medication like that, because a DR misdiagnosed me and getting off those meds was the biggest challenge i faced in my life. Even crazier than this demon called tinnitus, you do not need to go through that, no one does.

If, you DO need a med for the pulsating T, then take it so it goes away, but if anti-anxiety pills are the answer, i'd keep the pulsating T over the HELL those withdrawls and side effects those pills bring on.

Be well :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamclem
      Fine

Jamclem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flying then Sport (Probs)
      @glynis Thanks Glynis for the tip. I will have to see. Not sure if any further diagnostics possibilities exist for that.

@fishbone thanks also for the advice. I would interested to now how you learnt to live with T without these actually. :)

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Strength, willpower....loving myself..loving life and not wanting to give up.....tinnitus is brutal it really is, it has robbed many of us from the peace we all deserve. Today i face tinnitus, psoriasis (skin/scalp condition) I got from being my fathers son at the age of 28, gastritis, poor sleep....I can tell you lots. It all comes down to will power and how much you love yourself and not letting this garbage tinnitus take your life from you.

medication is a short fix and that's it, it is not the answer. Maybe therapy, lots of distraction and living life is the key. Being strong is key to all of this, learn to accept it. Cope with it, don't fight and say .....why me..why me..why me...that will not get you through it.

I accept reality and dont fight it....not coping is what makes it much worst.....I wish i never had this damn thing as well, but it has been with me for almost 30 years and its life and i dont fight it.....

My way of escaping this madness is the gym and a glass to 2 glass of red wine a day and lots of smiling and being thankful.....it can work and we just gotta try and not let tinnitus cripple our lives...I sure as hell will never give in and make tinnitus control me...Never...