Gone for a Few Days... Back with Anxiety

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      Hi Natalie,

I have T, with very mild H. The H is almost gone now. The noise generators helped reduce my "big" anxiety over the first week, and gradually reduced the remaining anxiety over the next few months. I still hear my T, but it just doesn't evoke a big reaction anymore. Its like any other un-interesting noise (traffic, neighbors, etc)., it doesn't evoke emotion, and I can move right away from it. Improvements are noticed over months. They basically help you habituate. Some people can do it on their own, I could not. I lived through 60 days of hell, and then thankfully got to using TRT from there on.

-Trebor

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going on just about 8 weeks or so, maybe slightly less. I've been able to generally control my anxiety for the most part over the last 4 weeks with a few days where it was pretty extreme but overall I feel like I'm doing OK.. My headset at work (worn in the opposite ear to my T) generally has low volume static/white noise which helps me tune out my T during the day so I'm thinking if it gets worse, the white noise generators probably would help me. I'm really trying to hold off until after the baby is born to look into treatment, hoping it continues to improve.. The mornings also seem to be the worst for me as far as my anxiety goes. My T has been pretty loud first thing so I wake up and hear it and automatically gives me anxiety until I get up and start moving around/distracting myself..