Gradual Habituation; Gaming/Music & Various Topics

Discussion in 'Support' started by LunarRXA, May 26, 2019.

1. LunarRXA
      Anime

LunarRXA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Headset.
      It's been a few weeks since I've really browsed these forums. I think that's for the best.

I'm still listening to music. I'm still gaming. I'm still going out and doing stuff.

https://fpgaminer.github.io/vip-html5-player/#VIP:Civilization_III_-_Stars_Full
      https://fpgaminer.github.io/vip-html5-player/#VIP:I_Am_Setsuna_-_No_turning_back

Every so often I get a spike. It sucks, but I would say that a migraine is much worse. I think that helps put things into perspective a little bit. I can and continue to live with this. It sucked the the first few days, even the first few weeks, and it's a little irritating, but totally workable.

I don't really notice my tinnitus when I'm doing the things that I want to do with the people that I want to do them with. I'm pretty lucky in that my tinnitus isn't extreme. It's usually on the softer side of the 7500 Hz sounds. I will caution people that the sounds in this link are loud. I adjusted my audio-settings after hearing them for the first time, and do not want to cause spikes, so please be careful if you decide to listen to them!

I don't listen to music with headphones nearly as much. I still use them if I'm playing with other people for a gaming session on discord, but I'm leaning towards picking up a more robust microphone/speakers. I think that headphones being able to filter out outside sounds raises my perception of my tinnitus. Instead I use my cheap, thrifty little budget speakers; much preferred. If I'm bothered then I take a few deep breaths or get up and walk around a bit, maybe some light exercise.

I'm starting some local volunteer work in June. Nothing too extreme. I'll be working in a thrift store with some for 2-3 days a week for fairly short shifts. I went out to the movies a few times since my last post. I saw both Shazam and Infinity War. Shazam triggered a spike because we sat too close. Infinity War was actually fine with decent seating 2/3rds of the way back; although the time travel sequence? Yuck.

I went out a couple times with someone. We're still friends, but perhaps a little too different. Getting weird looks for being you can be a little off-setting sometimes y'know? Still, I'm happy to say that other friendships continue onwards despite everything. I've a surprising abundance of weekly cat pictures from my friend, Aya.

2. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Take care of your ears.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LunarRXA
      Anime

LunarRXA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Headset.
      They're fine. Thank you for your concern.