Greetings from Canada: Hearing Loss & Worsening Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by EpicStardust, Jan 17, 2021.

1. EpicStardust

EpicStardust Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Hi :)

Just sitting up this evening with active tinnitus and decided to, at last, sign up to this forum to hear others' stories and learn more about tinnitus. I have hearing loss and been wearing hearing aids since my late 20's. My hearing loss is most severe in low tones.

Tinnitus has been getting worse for me in the past 5 years.

So, here I am!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ilias T
      Happy

Ilias T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss or TMJ
      19-year-old with those ear sounds for 4 years. Some things I have seen on this forum that help:
      • Success Stories category
      • Threads about FX-322 (Frequency Therapeutics), a candidate drug that restores natural hearing. There are more candidates but this one is by far the most popular
      • Threads about random topics
      Do hearing aids reduce your tinnitus? I want to try them myself.

Good luck :wideyed:

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @EpicStardust

Welcome to the forum and good to have you aboard.

Hearing loss can make tinnitus worse and usually the condition will improve when suitable hearing aids are fitted. Therefore, it's important that you have your hearing checked and the hearing aids to make sure they are working at optimum performance. My main interest is to help people with noise induced tinnitus, that is often but not always caused by headphones, earbud or headset use. Other forms of loud noise exposure cause it too.

You might find my post in the link below of some interest.

All the best
      Michael

Tinnitus, A Personal View | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You are at the right place for getting more educated and informed about tinnitus and we have hundreds of success stories to help you learn about how others have turned around the corner with tinnitus. There you can learn about their struggles and subsequent triumph as well as some helpful strategies. Yes our treatment and research news section will help you see the alternative treatments being advanced in the field. Hope you will find Tinnitus Talk useful in your tinnitus journey. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1