Hair... cutting & stuff

Discussion in 'Support' started by click, Feb 12, 2013.

1. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Has anyone found that having their hair cut... the actual combing / cutting / drying process (rather than just the fact that your hair is shorter :oops: ) - makes your T change / go weird / buzz more / buzz differently ?

2. Emma

Emma Member

Tinnitus Since:
      No, I havent noticed this.I wear ear protection when I am blow drying my hair. I guess I am being overly cautious.

3. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      No I havent had that effect, have you Jane?

I also wear earplugs for hair drying, the hairdryer is actually quite a loud noise so I think it makes sense. I also wear them for vacuuming.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Yes - yesterday. T changed - mosquito buzzing and poking became much louder and much more of it. I didn't realise that fiddling around on outside of head could affect T except for that 'banging fingers on back of neck' thing you read about every so often.

5. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      What will you do then go hippy and let it grow :)

I am in a state today. The right ear has come up full now and my head has been full of noise.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Sorry today is bad for you Louise. My head is still absolutely full of buzzing noise - all over it. All day and all last night. Not the screeching from side to side tho... for that I'm grateful but the buzzing is SO annoying.

Already a hippy - have been since I was 14 walking barefoot through the streets :oops: (although at 14 I was still
      going back and forth between motorbikes (with the hells angels at the isle of wight watching hendrix) and hanging out with the squatters. I enjoyed both! Always a hippy at heart tho.

My hair does look a bit strange, now that I'm soooo much older, if it isn't cut, so I think I'll do it myself in future.

Really do want to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing with hairdressers. I don't like being the only one :( It was only a cut - i didn't even have it washed (just sprayed with water) as there was no way I was going to bend my neck back over a sink....

Hmm .. maybe dreadlocks :) - I remember my two eldest having those - I thought they were cool.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Sounds like you've had an interesting life :)

Yes, long, grey dreadlocks!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      hmmm.. not so much of the grey :) maybe rainbow ones? with a few beads at the end that rattled and masked the t as I move... first grandson due in June may be able to use them as a rattle too - multi purpose!

9. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      :) :)