Hard Times

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Patch, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Everything is slow. LoL. No work anymore in Alberta.

T is quieter and steady since I stopped driving, thats for sure. No more huge spikes.
      What kind of truck are you looking at? What are they saying the cabin noise is?
      I hear that the Freightliners have a pretty quiet cabin.. and the Volvos do. Would be nice if you could a proper truck, like in Europe. VERY quiet... 75dB cabins. Cab overs are the way to go. Not so sure anymore with those engines in the front kinda thing.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Patch

Patch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise
      Sorry to hear things have slowed down. Seems like that everywhere from what I'm hearing. I think a combination of the election and who knows what else. Hope things pick up for you. I got a Volvo and brought it home today. Seems like a nice truck. T is spiking tonight. I think because of frustration. Spent almost a week sitting in hotel rooms looking at trucks. Decibel level is about same as my pickup 75-80 average with spikes to 85. I don't think that will affect that will affect the T.

3. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      That's cool. Maybe you can add some more sound deadening around the firewall.