Has Anyone Got Better from Ototoxicity or Stress-Induced Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ivan2475, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Either citopram or stress and anxiety
      Hi, I was wondering if anyone has got better from ototoxicity or stress induced tinnitus?
      I don’t know which started mine, could be either.

It’s been 4 months and it has gone down a bit.

I started smoking again due to stress, also wondering if this is delaying my recovery?

It will just give me some hope.

Thank you
      Ivan

2. Sarah101

Sarah101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Mine was shocking in the beginning. I couldn't believe how loud it was whenever I walked into a room. I had a break down for 8 months and barely left the house...

Over two years later and I can sleep in silence. Occasionally there are days when it is annoying but it is about 20% of what it was to start with... I thank this forum and everything in the world that it went down. I just wish I was able to calm down in the beginning because maybe then it would have completely gone away.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long hours and too loud I guess.
      Well, smoking will make you heal slower and cause other health issues as well.

I would suggest you find healthier options now to release your stress.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Sarah, was yours from medication or stress?
      Thank you for answering
      I can’t calm down and it’s been 4 months. Do you think calming down at the beginning or accepting would have made a difference?
      Ivan

5. Sarah101

Sarah101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Mine was 100% stress. A lot of doctors told me that is not possible but I was having multiple anxiety attacks a day for the week prior to the onset.

I couldn't calm down either, I wish I could go back. I was terrified of everything, literally terrified of using anything which would make it worse.

The advice I would give you, is if you are not calming down from the tinnitus, then get yourself on Mirtazapine for a month or two. It will make you sleep better, it will calm you down although you will suffer from some day time drowsiness.

It took me about a year to try it and I wish I had tried it earlier.

Unfortunately sometimes we do need help, and we shouldn't be ashamed of using it.

I look back now, and see how terrified everyone is on this site, and I completely understand it but my tinnitus has only got better the more I calmed down and started living again. I was going to kill myself but I gave myself a good few months with medication and calming down and things improved a lot with the tinnitus. I still suffer from health anxiety but I'm trying to overcome that as well.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for your answer.
      I thought it would, but a tinnitus clinic lady said as it’s in the brain, smoking won’t affect you getting better.

I will try now if it does as I needed something for stress, but it's probably making the anxiety worse.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi
      I tried Mirtazapine, but it affected my ears, all antidepressants did, so have to try and deal with nothing now, which is hard.

My wife also got tinnitus, hers was from antidepressants.
      She is better than me and is accepting it, I’m trying, but not succeeding yet.
      It has gone down a bit, so hopefully it is trying to?

8. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long hours and too loud I guess.
      No, it's not necessarily in the brain.

• Like Like x 1
    9. annV
      Fine

annV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Tinnitus has a tendency to get better in 12-24 months, no matter what caused it. Why do you worry so much about it? It will get better! It will not go away but it will get less annoying.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can’t stop worrying about it or get used to it. My wife got tinnitus as well from the horrible stress we were going through and just want our lives back.

• Agree Agree x 1