Has Anyone Here Been Diagnosed With Central Nervous System Sensitization?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike34, Jan 31, 2015.

1. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      yes linearb. I have heard that too. I was given neurotin but only took lowest mg. for a week then stopped because im afraid my tinnitus will get worse.. so the question is how are we supposed to know what to take so we don't make our tinnitus permantley louder??? doctors don't help us at all, so we are on our own... ya I know we have to try but who wants louder tinnitus ?? we are damned if we do. damned if we don't.:confused:

2. ÖOUTHOUS

ÖOUTHOUS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Jeannie

I can relate to your symptoms and feelings as I have been on Neurontin since 6/2015.

My diagnosis is complex and still ongoing but I was prescribed this after Neuropathic Pain in my arm after a fall at work resulting in Concussion, Narrowing C5/C6 and Lower Lumbar pain due impact.

At present my Neurologist thinks I have Functional Neurological Disorder but I'm not convinced. My Nervous System is on high alert with electricity type shooting pain to my finger tips along with symptoms aligned with Regional Pain Syndrome.

I am in severe distress with this disorder with my Central Nervous System while taking 300mg x 3 four times a day, Propranolol 10mg x 2 twice a day, Butrans 20 microgram 7 day patch, Cymbalta 30mg x 1.

Based in UK I'm have neurologist who struggle to understand Conversion Disorders (F.N.D) so with spinal injuries C5/6 they seem to be very dismissive of true symptoms to my pain. I struggle to process information and also have Cognitive challenges after a year taking Tramodol 2 x 50mg 4 times a day.

Muscle, Nerves and C.N.S disorders are complex to neglect the Neurotransmitters & Receptors around the nerves that send conflicting messages to the brain.

I will update more once I take this info back to my Neurologist to consider CRPS management & dietary remedies for relief. We need answer & more awareness of this disorder.

3. Pb1

Pb1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hi,

This is very interesting. My Tinnitus had basically subsided to the point were it was barely audible at all, then last night I had one Paracetamol / Tylenol tablet. My Tinnitus has now gone way back up to the point where it is really debilitating again. The reason I had the Paracetamol is that I had developed some weird pains about a week ago (I'm thinking this is all CNS related), it's like everything is hypersensitive, pains are there when they shouldn't be.

Also after taking the Paracetamol my arms and legs feel really heavy.

oh and about 2 months ago I also managed to get something called derealization.

All in all I'm having a bit of a crap time right now.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Derealization sucks, but it can be overcome.

It's incredibly unlikely that a single dose of Tylenol did anything bad to you in a long term way, and more likely that your symptoms are unrelated.

5. Pb1

Pb1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hi Linearb,

Thanks I really hope you're right, I can't tell you how much I've been suffering these last few months.

I've gone from being a quite fit super normal guy to suffering from a collection of the most bizarre things its possible to imagine.

All I've done is taken a few painkillers and had a CT scan, and my brain has gone completely nuts.

It's amazing the level of suffering the brain can inflict upon you when it goes wrong!

6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

how did you get on Pb1

7. Mazdachick89

Mazdachick89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Centralized sensitization
      I was just diagnosed with centralized sensitization. It's really bad and the tinnitus is horrible. I couldn't sleep last night because of the pain (not in ears) and ear ringing. I'm trying to look up natural remedies to help heal the tinnitus. Does anyone have natural remedies?

Also, they prescribed me Cymbalta for the nerve pain . I haven't taken it yet. Hopefully it will not make me worst. I read reviews and I know it works different with everyone, but I'm just really nervous to take it. (Get it..haha) ok it wasn't actually that funny. :(

• Hug Hug x 2