Has Anyone on Here Taken Tramadol? If So, What's Your Experience?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Sep 4, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Recently, I got a very bad toothache (long story) and it caused me to take a lot of pain meds. I slept much more and therefore got more depressed and my tinnitus seem to become louder which depressed me more. My circadian rhythm was thrown off and I started on a very negative downfall. A very bad cycle to get in. I was given two pills of Tramadol to try for the pain. It did not really help as much with the pain BUT within maybe 30 minutes or so (can't exactly remember), I started feeling better for the first time in like a week. I ended up going to sleep and waking up that morning feeling better and with more energy. I was able to get out of bed in the morning and do something. I thought it rather strange because I always thought Tramadol was a pain killer. I looked it up on drugs.com and it had 9.3 rating out of 10 for depression as of 9/3/17. That was higher than SSRI's and most other pills that are designed for depression.

Site:
      https://www.drugs.com/condition/dep...&only_generics=0&submitted=0&hide_off_label=0

It did not seem to have a negative affect on my T but I understand it can cause T in other people plus I only took it once. This seems like it could be a very addictive drug to take long term but I wonder if it could be taken one off type situations for very bad depression days. I wish I had a couple more to try but I don't but if it is worth trying, I could ask my doctor for them.

Any experiences with this? BTW, I don't want anyone to get addicted to drugs so please don't get addicted to this or any other drug.

Note: I was given Hydrocodone for the pain and it did help more with that and while it did make me feel a little better, it took away my energy and motivation.

Also, if you know the long term consequences of Tramadol use, please say so. Thank you.

2. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Honestly, I think you should stop trying to take anything for your T. Nothing is going to make it better and a lot of things could make it worse. The right antidepressant can help a lot. I would suggest trying to find the right one by focusing on how it affects your mood and not your T. Just my 2 cents;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Onsdag

Onsdag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress
      Took Tramadol for 4 weeks for knee pain. I didn't spike and didn't get better.

• Helpful Helpful x 1