Has Demi Posted Since 2015?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jazzer, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Has @demi posted since 2015?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      A lot of posters, who don't post as much...might have moved on with their lives and had great support from this board.
      That's a great thing and I hope they can live their lives and possibly come back and post as a success story.

I come here each day, to help those that struggle and I like giving back :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I enjoy your stuff fishbone.
      Keep it coming
      Jazzer x

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I agree with fishbone. This is so true. Just take a look of the success stories and it is obvious that most of them have moved on and are no longer active on the board. They let their stories do the talking and in some way it is a 'legacy' of sort to help out future hurting members who may find great comfort and hope in reading their stories. There are some who, like fishbone said above, want to give back and stay around to help out more interactively with struggling members.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @Jazzer, @fishbone and @billie48 are correct from what I can see. in the short time I have been here it does seem that a lot of people, once cured or habituated, move on. Fortunately, people like fishbone and billie48 stay and help others as they were helped when they needed it. And they both are a great asset to this forum, and have helped me, probably without even knowing it. They are part of the reason I visit as often as I can and respond when I feel I can contribute to the conversation or help others. And I also have to mention @Bobbie7 because she reached out to me in a private message because something I said in the chat indicated to her that I was particularly distressed. It is because of her kindness that I have reached out to members whom I perceived were particularly distressed, and I have not only been able to help but have gained friendship as well.

I know I went a little off topic there, but there are some truly amazingly kind and compassionate people on this forum. I have only mentioned three who have touched my life profoundly (and two are probably just learning that fact right now) but there are many more. I am continuously amazed at the amount of kindness the members of this forum demonstrate, especially seeing that the general trend in the world appears to be heading in the opposite direction.

Sorry for the long, rambling, and somewhat off topic reply.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanks for that Kolisar.
      This forum is a lifeline no question.
      Because I find life very tough going at times, I have been looking on here every day, for help, consolation, advice, etc....the only true experts on Tinnitus are the sufferers.
      At different times, doctors, audiologists, well meaning friends, have told me ‘how it is’ or ‘what to do’ and so on......but they simply do not know the reality of the Tinnitus experience.
      They usually offer what amounts to a ‘sugar coated pill.’ No good to me.
      “Reality is all there is!”
      I have surmounted some desperate situations in my life, including schizoid/depression, a legacy from my poor mentally ill mother.
      I came through by confronting the reality that, in my infancy, there was no love for me.
      “Love is where you find it!”
      I eventually found it, initially with an analytical psychotherapist, then with true friends, a glorious loving wife, to whom I quite literally owe my life, to my wonderful children, and now to grandchildren, who are an honour to know.
      And, guess what, I find love on here, from you, and several other lovely contributors.
      Now finally, you appeared to be appoligising for rambling on my friend.......reckon I beat you this morning! Hahahahaha........
      Best wishes,
      Jazzer x

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1