Has to Be Anxiety-Induced

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So every single doctor and therapist have all agreed that it gets louder and worse when we listen for it and think about it.

Also I am now hearing it in my right ear which is crazy as I had maybe the tiniest ear infection and it cleared wonderfully .. Sigh unless the doctor made it worse by cleaning it out???

Again though they ALL SAY it's because we are focusing on it and anxious about it.

Does anyone know if we fix that part for those of us that it is anxiety induced.. Does it go away? Or are we messed up forever?

2. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You open many threads :) which makes me thinking that you're panicking too much. Yes it get's louder when we focus on it.
      Can't sleep right now because it's bad. I'm not anxious but it disturbs me because I can't like it :D

Yes we are messed up until our brain has centralized the sound. I want my brain to tell me that's normal and you can like it. Hope that happens one day.

You're not alone and be happy that your T is not caused by a third-party. Mine is. I know like you how the normal life felt and I had strong ears. Went to many concerts, parties without any issues. Was in LA relaxing in the sun at Venice Beach without f*cking noises in my ears. Just silence and the breath of the ocean.

The imagination that this time won't come back destroys me sometimes. But I don't give up. Let's keep fighting.

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I know I am opening alot and I really appreciate all the support .. Thank you so much for bearing with me!

• Like Like x 1
    4. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      L-theanine, Skull Cap, Valerian, L-Tryptophan, Ashwagandha, St John's Wort
      Or you can go the med route with an SSRI(you can't take most of these supplements alongside an SSRI) like Paxil or Prozac or others.
      Also there are psychological and behavior issues with this to work on.

5. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It's both, but the general conciseness is anxiety and focusing on it makes it worse. I have had it three months, and it hasn't gotten any better despite trying to ignore it. Still having a hard time sleeping at night too.

Who caused yours? My tinnitus was set off by someone else too. I protected my ears and didn't go to loud concerts, but you can't completely protect yourself from idiots.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection

Mine started by an ear infection. I am not sure what he meant by 3rd party. But all the doctors keep saying there is no way you can get long term T from an outer ear infection and then now that it sets off in the right ear sometimes (when I had a MUCH milder infection) seems really odd. I wonder if I just freaked myself out with the ringing and set myself into this. I have no idea.

7. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Does seem odd, but it seems like people get T from all sorts of things. By third party I assume he meant someone else causing it by setting off a loud noise etc. That's what happened to me, which adds to the frustration.

8. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      What do you mean by a third party?
      And yes.. pff
      last year i was in LA loving venice beach and planning the night out
      with my best friend, right now i dont know what is life anymore pfff :/
      but i agree lets keep on fighting

9. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey Marie, please don't worry too much about it. I would suggest you go out and buy a nice fountain and put it in the quietest places of your house or your room so you won't hear it. If you don't hear it, that should hopefully calm you down and relax you some and maybe your tinnitus perception will go down. Another thing that I found was nice is if you are on your computer you can go to mynoise.net and listen to the rain or waterfall sounds or whatever sounds on there you like. The audio engineer of the site has made some fantastic sounds. If this doesn't work then there are other alternative things to try but I suggest start with this :)

Also, don't worry about opening a lot of threads. You need support now and that is what this forum is for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      I have anxiety long before I got T. I wad in a withdrawal of Rivotril and now I have T.
      That night when I was sitting in a really really quit room and helping my cousin's translation work the T came out of nowhere. I don't remember if I did something particular like sneezing very loud or yawning to wide but all I do remember is I said to myself what if would this thing never gone? I did not care about it for 3 days but then it made me freak out.

So wonder if I made this to myself and all of those possible symptoms like ET, wisdom teeth, TMJ for my T is some part of my imagination?