Having a Hard Time Dealing with This Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Andersson, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Written before I got a spike for unknown reason in beginning of November. No sound induced. Flu, back problem etc before it with some anxiety growing before the spike.

It's been hell since then, being back to square one, been living with my T good last 3 years, had other problems but not the T.

Now It feels like its sooooo loud, not sure if it is. But it feels so much louder then just less then 2 months ago.
      I can hear it over everything again (could that in 2012 as well then It went to the back when I Habituated and was almost never in the front or focused so could not "hear" it most times)

It just feels so bad to be back, and I struggle to cope with it, my anxiety is extreme over everything and all my hate for this have come back.
      Masking is not possible, cannot enjoy games, music,tv, walks or anything I have been before. Feels like everything is gone, again. Like life is just lost, again.

The worse I feel over it the more I get oversensitive hearing and sound distortion as well.
      I started to feel slightly better 2 weeks ago and both of that went away. Then I felt worse and it came right back.

Being all alone without any support in real life it just makes it so hard, online support is better then nothing but It does not help as much as something in real life would :(

I just want to be back to where I was less than 2 months ago....

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi,
      It sounds like you might have Hyperacusis with your tinnitus and with tinnitus comes lots of unwanted emotions that are just as hard to cope with .
      We are all here for you round the clock with all the support we can give you.

Have you had a recent hearing test and ears checked for wax build up ?.....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Hi.
      Hyperacusis is linked to my anxiety according to my ENT.
      I got H when I got T as well after few weeks (not at once) when my anxiety reached its peak.

It's the same way now, when I feel slightly better it all goes away, when I am at high anxiety like right now it comes back.
      But It's hard for me to feel better with the noise I have now ;/ It's hard for me to find the strength to fight it.

Hearing was fine and no wax or problems with the ears (was at ENT 2 weeks ago or so)

:(, thank you.

4. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      Hey, did this spike settle for you @Andersson ? I'm going throigh the same thing atm.. Worst spike in two years.. Going on its thord week now, can't do anything. Ear pain, H and super loud T all the time..... :(

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hope your spike and anxiety is calming down for you .
      Tinnitus can be real mental torture and hyperacusis too.
      Finding ways to help you cope and get through the tough times becomes positive that you know what to do next time.
      Stay strong and show your tinnitus who is the boss....lots of love glynis

6. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Have you been eating a lot of Fast Food ( Mc Donalds Jackn the Box or Chinese Food ) lately ?

Avoid eating anything with MSG

Watch this video

tinnitus relief and ringing in the ears help...

By the Way, I live my life without TV, radio or any electric sound / speakers 24 7 !

The only speakers my ears hear are my Sennheiser momentum headphones, for about 20-30 minutes at night, played on my iPod ( new iPod not old ones )

I'm sorry to hear you guys' Tinnitus is getting worse .....I couldn't imagine

7. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      I have not noticed the slightest influence of coffee or lack of coffee on my t. I had very silent days while drinking a lot of it and also unbearable days without coffee. I wish it was that easy. Despite my love for a cup of coffee in the morning I would cut it out totally if I noticed it does anything ( I tried, it doesn't.) It's worth trying but these guys who claim sth with such an absolute certainty as if it was a general truth they somehow came into possession of are a little bit irritating.
      How are you @Andersson ?

Good feedeback on MSG though (n)

8. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      Anderson, thank you for sharing what you have learned ... Your T spikes with your anxiety. Mine does the same exact thing. I suffer from anxiety as you do. I have gone through many cycles of thinking my T has increased, and gotten permanently worse, and then realized it was just my A doing it (anxiety). I've finally accepted that my damn T noises have a life of their own, and if I ignore them they are not getting worse. I realize this is easier said than done, but I offer it as a fellow anxiety sufferer. My best wishes, Trebor