Having My First Tinnitus Spike — Could Use Positivity

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rb86, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I am 3 weeks and 3 days into my noise induced tinnitus and having a spike for no apparent reason.

I slept terribly last night because at 1:30 am I was awoken by my dreaded low end warble tone. It's much much quieter than my original onset but it's the scariest. I thought it was gone for a few days and now it came back.

In addition my high end hiss is just cruising along, a bit louder today than usual and it's just got me overwhelmed.

I cried today. Trying to stay hydrated and positive but I'm getting beat up today. I really need some hope right now. Please. I've been going through all the success stories and getting angry because none of them are like my situation. They're all induced by something obvious and fixable and or habituation stories. I have NIHL 35 dB at 6000 Hz.

I'm 33. I'm almost at 1 month. Please tell me I have a chance.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm 27, nearing 3 months, and there were some spikes in the first few weeks but it's actually been evnening out for me. The last spike I heard was probably about two weeks ago, I woke up to it in the middle of the night, went back to sleep and the spike was gone in the morning. Despite success stories, we've got science on the way to fix the issues themselves. Lenire will be the soonest possible treatment, and the University of Arizona just made a breakthrough pill that just may be our cure. They have to test it for side effects before any human trials though.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I cried and howled - softly of course - every day for a week after my third spike in 6 weeks. But I'm done with that now and looking to my recovery now. Don't beat yourself we've all been there. Hope you have a better night tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @Rb86 you are new, habituation takes time. There will be ups and downs. I'm in my 5th major spike in 30 years. Please hang in there and repeat after me, WE WILL HABITUATE!

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanks. I'm going to make a list of positive changes since my onset for myself.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      If anyone cares to comment I'm really hanging on to them at the moment.

7. rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For me getting little to no sleep seems to feel like an increase in my tinnitus but once I get a good night's rest its lower. Also focusing alot on it seems to make me feel sick to my stomach so I distract my self with things to do so I dont think about. Maybe try to distract yourself with something you enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Check out @Emperor-Drax threads. His was a metal bar hitting the ground I believe. Similar to you kinda. He fully recovered.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      Yeah my ear problems went away, but my back pain came back after I stupidly tried to lift something in my yard and I hyperextended myself. Ugh! Ah well, I'll get over it.