Head/Jaw Injury Causing Tinnitus?

martin12

Author
Apr 1, 2014
Tinnitus Since
3/13/2014
Dear Dr. Nagler-

Thanks for your help on this one. Question on head trauma induced T.

Recent hearing test with 0-10 DB measured hearing loss between 0-8000 htz. slight difference in hearing loss in right ear measured at -10 at 8000. mid 30's male. i hit right side of my head during a bad fall.

Tinnitus has been getting milder and milder the past 6 months. T is only in the right ear. first 3 months absolute nightmare. what are chances from your experience of dealing with head injuries and tinnitus? will head injury induced tinnitus fade?

Tinnitus has been getting milder and milder the past 6 months. T is only in the right ear. T is only in the right ear. first 3 months absolute nightmare. what are chances from your experience of dealing with head injuries and tinnitus? will head injury induced tinnitus fade?

To the best of my knowledge the "rules" for tinnitus's fading are the same for tinnitus associated with head injury as they are for noise-induced tinnitus. Seems to me that the fact that you are doing so much better now than in the first three months is a very good sign indeed.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now