Headaches, Temple Pressure, Neck and Face Pain, Eye Floaters — Due to Stress?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by TimmyC, May 2, 2019.

1. TimmyC
      Innocent

TimmyC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD possibly, or neck and jaw, or maybe anxiety?
      I have actually nearly habituated to my tinnitus as of late, to a stage where it no longer affects me emotionally. It is much more in the background, and life has become normal again for a while.

Recently however, I have been stressed, and now I have constant headaches, temple pressure, neck and face pain, and eye floaters. I'm about 90% sure this is due to the stress I'm in (finals, moving, got a new job, and house sitting for someone) but I'm curious if anyone has had good luck habituating to eye floaters.

I have always had floaters, but I'm clearly more aware of them (I assume it's just because of my heightened senses).

Please NO NEGATIVE POSTS. if you have not habituated to your floaters or visual snow, then just don't respond. I do not need any negativity in my life.

Thanks for the love!

-Timmy

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ger W

Ger W Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus common cold
      I have floaters in my right eye for past 3 years after a bike accident. The eye doctor told me my brain wd ignore them I didn't believe him but I'm glad to tell your brain will ignore. I find the winter months I hardly notice them it's only when it's bright I notice them more during Summer so wear sunglass. If I had a choice between getting rid of floaters or tinnitus..hands down tinnitus!3 months in still struggling. Hope my answer helps you and glad to hear you are habituating. Any advice welcome.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yes I would say a combination of stress and anxiety about this condition can cause all that. I remember how stress I was the first few years and always had headaches, migraines, facial/jaw pain, floaters and more. The stress of it all caused me to be tense all the time and having your muscles tensed constantly will cause other symptoms such as these. Now years later, that I am mostly habituated, all of these symptoms have all but disappeared.

What changed things for me was changing my negative thinking and perceptions on life and de-stressing as much as possible. Mix in some healthy eating and living and you have a recipe for self-improvement and better tinnitus management even if it is still there.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TimmyC
      Innocent

TimmyC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD possibly, or neck and jaw, or maybe anxiety?
      Thank you both! Yeah I figured it so because I went through this when my tinnitus started. Tight face muscles and neck pain, and all that jazz. Now that I have a good grasp on my tinnitus, the eye floaters are giving me grief. I will learn to meditate through this, and I already took advantage of this situation by changing my diet and exercising daily.

Thanks for the advice and the positivity :)

• Like Like x 2
    5. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Of course! It was a difficult time for me because I couldn't understand why my face and jaw hurt all the time. Having the headaches on top of that was baffling and confusing. I took meds and supplements, got massages etc and nothing worked. It was only when I realized the stress was causing it that I was able to address the stress, anxiety and panic attacks I was having and it went away though it took some time.

• Like Like x 2
    6. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      Helped me to read this!

Thank you.

7. Sayeed

Sayeed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/1/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      I'm comforted by hearing this. I have high levels of stress and am experiencing the same exact symptoms.

8. kev154669

kev154669 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ due to Anterior Pelvic Tilt?
      Hi,

I've had exactly what you've had since 2018. Tinnitus, eye floaters and a tight jaw. I used to think it was due to stress and although I think it can have an impact, I found out a few months ago that the underlying cause of all of this is my forward neck posture and upper back posture. All of my problems started around the same time because I was using a laptop after I started working from home and I was looking down at my screen. I'd love to know if you have the same underlying cause. I basically have to do exercises to correct my posture which can take months. I haven't started yet though.

I'm more concerned about the floaters... I keep getting told that it's got nothing to do with my neck posture and I'm dying to know whether they will go away or whether I won't notice them as much once I correct my neck posture because I haven't noticed them getting less obvious in the last 3 years. I've heard many with bad neck posture have eye floaters and mine started around the same time as everything else, so how on earth can they not be linked!