Hearing Aids Improved My Tinnitus Significantly

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Richh, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Richh

Richh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      After 10 years of struggling with my tinnitus, taking tests, MRI, etc., my wife convinced me to try hearing aids. At 58, I do have some hearing loss, but mainly just my wife's frequency

So I tried hearing aids from Costco in early January. After a couple of months I have to say that I don't focus much at all on my tinnitus like I used to. It is greatly reduced but a few times over the course of the month it will tick up a bit. When that happens I put on some music and get busy doing a task and it goes away. Before hearing aids it was really a drain on my mood.

PS: I tried all of the home remedies and all I have to say is that a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water each day doesn't help with tinnitus but it cleared my psoriasis!

• Like x 2
      • Helpful x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    2. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Hi @Richh,

Do you mind me asking what hearing aids you are using? I'm thinking of getting some but I'm struggling to find any information.

Steph

3. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      :D

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Richh

Richh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I got the Rexton Adore. It covers my needs as I only have mild hearing loss. If you go to Costco and use the citi card you get extra warranty and a rebate on your purchases. I have an HSA so you can use tax- free dollars. If you have an FSA you would have to plan for it. Good luck. It takes a good 4-5 weeks to adjust to them but now I forget I have them in. Good luck. Rich

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Richh

Richh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Mister Musso. I am not kidding about the frequency loss. I only scored 70% on the vocabulary test and it was words that started with the letters F,S and A. Yeah, to be honest when my wife is upset with me she typically starts her sentences off with words that start with F, S and A!

• Funny Funny x 2