Hearing Loss, Roaring Tinnitus + Mega Anxiety

Discussion in 'Support' started by ShaunR, Sep 28, 2016.

1. ShaunR

ShaunR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert + Motorbike
      Hey,
      I've been suffering with my right ear for 4 months. It started with it feeling blocked up and roaring.

At the begining I accepted it. Believed it when numerous Drs and the ENT told me its ETD and carried on going even with the discomfort.

I'm now at 4 months and the anxiety has built to such a level that this morning I couldn't get out of bed to go to work and had to call in sick. I've just changed to Citalopram from Prozac so I don't know if this has something to do with the anxiety.

At the moment my right ear feels full, roars and hums and generally aches 24/7. My hearing in thtt ear is reduced and I can't hear bass sounds in it.

Currently waiting on an MRI before the ENT will see me again.

At this moment in time I feel my life is wrecked and can't see how I'll ever feel normal again :(

Shaun.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      I'm really sorry you are suffering so much at the moment. I go through major anxiety at times and my hearing is progressively getting worse and so is my T. I understand d what you are going through. Have you taken an audiogram performed by a professional? I could be you have otosclerosis as well.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ShaunR

ShaunR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert + Motorbike
      Hey,
      Thanks for replying.
      When I went to the ENT there was no audiologist on :( So I only have my own perceptions to go by. My right ear is certainly a lot worse than my left.
      Shaun.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Definitely. To be checked (audiogram, Rinne/fork test, CT, etc).

5. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      My right ear is worse than my left as far as my otosclerosis goes. It usually attacks one ear then if your unlucky, attacks the other ear as well. You need to get an audiogram and then see an ENT to go his opinion.

6. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      @ShaunR

Did you ever get a hearing test and diagnosis? I have the same thing, minus the roaring. I think it is Hydrops, but I am wondering if it could possibly something else.