Heartbeat in Ear Gone — Still Hear Blood Flow in Other Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Davey, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Davey
      Amazed

Davey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/01/2000
      I've had a heartbeat in my right ear for a half a year. I knew it was pulsatile tinnitus, because I have regular tinnitus too.

So I was a bit overweight and unhealthy. Googled some supplements and came to a conclusion that a healthy diet with Hawthorn berry in the mix could do the trick.

Lost 15 kilograms, but the heartbeat is still there. So I ordered Hawthorn berry.

After three days my heartbeat is gone and I'm happy. But now I'm aware of a blood flow in my left ear.

My question is:

- Is hearing and 'feeling' your blood flow also pulsatile tinnitus?

Whenever I yawn it increases 10x in volume and feeling. Then it subsides, but it's still noticeable and annoying.

2. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      I would say if you protrude your jaw or move it a certain way the pulsatile tinnitus will stop.

This is common with those of us with noise induced tinnitus. There are two theories. One that the Auditory nerve/Dorsal Cochlear Nucleus amps up the volume to find the lost signals and mistakenly picks up the signals from muscle contractions and heart beat. The other theory is that when the sound signals stop traveling up the cochlear nerve from the cochlea that the trigeminal nerve fills in the gaps (because the brain hates unused real-estate/data gaps) and then you perceive the heart beats and muscle contractions.

Sensory somatic tinnitus is what is is called. I have it too. It sucks. I have found it is worse when stressed. I too have the yawning thing.