Hello Everybody! I'm Igor! T-Man! =)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hexov, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Hexov
      Bookworm

Hexov Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Hello,

my name is Igor and I'm from Montenegro. As I'm here you already know that I got tinnitus. Last year I had inner ear infection that was first diagnosed wrongly as an ear ischemic. My doctor (who was big a-hole) said that this is it, I have lost hearing and it will only got worst...It got worse, next day i woke up with dizziness and vertigo... I was prescribed with Prednisone and Betaserc, been on this therapy like a month. My hearing has come back, thank God for that, but I'm left with tinnitus in my left ear. We all know what came after that: anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, I lost a huge amount of weight and so on...
      This situation led me into taking more medicine like Xanax and some antidepressant... The situation got really worse, not for my tinnitus but for me... I will not bug you with that all i want to say if it's come to this part DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUGS BECAUSE IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE!!

After that period i visited another doctor, later couple of them, and all they said that diagnose was bad and that i had neuronitis vestibularis, an inflammation of vestibular nerve... All they said is that I'm ok and that i don't have to worry because i'm healed... They gave me supplements like Magnesium and Tanakan (ginkgo biloba). Three days after taking Ginkgo and one and a half month after infection in my right ear has come another tinnitus. Only this one was beeping like Morse code. I went to see doctors they said it was blood pressure and that i take some salty food before I take pills... My pressure then and now was and is 120/80...Salty food didn't do anything...

I'm kinda got used to it know, I don't pay much attention and I'm always surrounded with music and I try to think positively. The book from Julian Cowell Hill really, really helped my out with understanding what tinnitus is and how to treat it. All I can say he loves beer! =) but only one or two.. hehe =)

I'm here to see if there is anyone who had similar situation like mine, and to hear how he or she is coping with tinnitus.

Also I would like to ask about my morse code tinnitus. It's worse in the morning, when I'm laying on the pillow. When I'm up, and go and do some stuff, after one hour or two hours it completely subsides Well some day it disappears, on the other it's really low... Does anyone of you had something similar and if don't what do you think it might be?

Thanks for all! Looking forward to meet you guys!

All best,

Igor

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Billylongpockets

Billylongpockets Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Welcome to the club..
      I have had it for 6 weeks so l know what you are feeling.. My T is worse at the weekend because im just sat here trolling through the forum looking for a quick cure...
      With this condition you need to give it time and it might just as it came just go away..
      I did treat myself to some moderately loud music with a few beers last night and the T is extra loud today.. It was worth it...
      Words of advice
      Eat healthy and try and monitor how loud things really are. Download a sound meter app onto your phone.. I just ordered some fender ear plugs from amazon.. Might work
      Imagine that you had a really bad car crash and all that you can move is your eyes... We're all in pain but there are a few people out there who are in a really bad situation and there getting through it..
      Don't be frightend to have a good cry then wipe the tears away and get on with the day..
      Good luck pal...x

3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Igor,

The most important thing you can do is to take back control. It is not easy - for sure - but you can do it. Some suggestions I can offer include exercise (start with walks and then if your knees can take it, work your way up to jogging), have a regular bed-time, watch your diet (eat fruits, veggies, protein) -- and cut back on junk. Most of all, you have to work on changing your way of thinking so that you can relax more. That is the biggest challenge of all. You may want to go to sites like You tube to seek solutions. Best of luck!!

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How loud is it?

5. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Hello,
      In spite of not have the same condition with you, part of my tinnitus involves morse code type tones, so if you want you can text me.
      All the best.
      V.

6. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hexov
      Bookworm

Hexov Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Hey all! Thanks for advice's! =)

vermillion i will dm you as soon as i return from work trip...

well, it depends, sometimes changes to high pitch whistle, with no reason at all, then comes back to white noise hissing, sometimes is really quiet... sometimes my ear whistles on some frequency, for example some piano notes they are not sounds but whistles.... but overall i would say it's about 50 to 60 db mask it completely...

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is good that it is not relentlessly at the same volume.

But my question was about the volume of the music that you always have on...

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hexov
      Bookworm

Hexov Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Well, as i already told you, around 60 db... i'm staying away from loud places... =/

10. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      How is the beer tasting lately? Hehe :)

11. JohnyGBT

JohnyGBT Guest

I am sorry for you man.