Hello Everyone :) Tinnitus from Loud Parties/Clubs (Worsened from Listening to Headphones Too Loud)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Happy_, May 13, 2019.

1. Happy_
      No Mood

Happy_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi

I just found this place, and it's nice to have a place where I know everyone else shares some of my struggles.

I'm not sure when my tinnitus began, because I just recently even noticed and understood that this noise in my ears is not normal... If I had to guess, I think it started late 2017 - early 2018. It started from going to a lot of very loud parties and nightclubs, but then it got worse in 2018.

In 2018 it got worse because I made the stupid mistake of turning my headphones' music way up to compensate for the loud surroundings in my gym. This went on for over an hour almost everyday of the week, until March when I began to notice that my ears started to hurt after going to the gym...

I'm not going to lie, it hurts. Call it what you want, carelessness of young people, a stupid mistake. The fact is I could easily have prevented this, but I accept that this is now my reality because of not being careful or read up on how sensitive ears can be. I just became 21, 3 days ago, so I have to live with this like everyone else here. My only remedy is that it's luckily not noticeable in everyday life, and I can sleep.

That became somewhat a downer of an introduction haha! I look forward to meeting people here and discussing tinnitus.

2. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Welcome!! I hope you are protecting your hearing now? Do you wear earplugs enough?

Did you stop listening to music on headphones?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Happy_
      No Mood

Happy_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm protecting as much as I can now. I don't listen to anything on headphones outside the house anymore, including the gym. I bought myself a good pair of ear plugs on Amazon, not the cheap ones :p I use them whenever it gets noisy outside and when I go to the movies, and it really helps. At home it's very quiet so I use a pair of expensive (for me lol) headphones at a low volume, which doesn't affect my tinnitus.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Your condition indicates a mild form of tinnitus. It means life can go on as normal and you should do that. Try not focus on T and get busy. Try staying positive and active. If you already have days you don't hear T, it is a very good sign. Take it as a positive and give it time to heal. Take care. God bless.

• Friendly Friendly x 1