Hello from a Long Time Sufferer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by friend74, May 27, 2019.

1. friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Hello,

My name is Mike. I'm a silent reader here for many years. now, with the Lenire hype I'm joining the party.

I got my tinnitus (a hiss I guess, the feeling you entering the room and the tv is on, just much louder) sometime in the 90's because of loud music. I started listen to music already as a child. When I got older I also went to concerts, festivals etc... It was a hard time when it began. How little did I knew back then... I didn't change much regarding listening to music etc. I was young. I tried the usual stuff we all tried back then, acupuncture etc... Sometime I got a little bit used to it although it got slightly worse over the years.

Then in the summer of 2012 I woke up one morning with a 'beep' sound in my left ear. The beep sound was something I was always afraid of to happen to me. That beep stayed quite some time. But most badly my 'normal' tinnitus became louder, at least it felt like it. That was the time I started to feel the bittersweet taste of depression and anxiety. Went to a tinnitus clinic for 6 weeks, basically the TRT thing there.

In 2015 we got a little baby girl who sometimes is the only thing that brings a little light in my gloomy world. Naive as you are I was hoping that a baby would turn my attention away from the tinnitus. Nope, not really.

In the last weeks I developed some kind of low frequency tinnitus tone in addition to my usual tinnitus. That's kind of disturbing.

So here I am, 44 years old (damn, living longer with tinnitus than without...) and knowing a combination of severe tinnitus (just did this tinnitus emotion test and score like 84 points or so...) and a midlife crisis is a real bad combination. Hopefully that Lenire thing will help somehow.

Thanks for reading.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    2. RishRamsey
      Doubtful

RishRamsey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stupid DJ
      Heyy.

I am in my 20s and I think it started at the same age for us (just got my tinnitus this year after a blasting loud new year’s party). Was wondering how loud your tinnitus was when it started? And did it almost remain the same till 2012?

Rish

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      When I first noticed it wasn't loud at all. Everything could mask it. But I knew it didn't belong there. So I started to feel afraid. Went to all kinds of doctors and stuff. I can't tell you how long I got the T at that moment. Maybe even longer? Too bad I did not change my habits regarding music, concerts etc. Well...,I was young, internet was in the future.

It slightly increased over the years but it was bearable. There were even times when I woke up and didn't care about the T at all. Although from then on the was a little shadow on my life but I still had good times times too.

From 2012 on it was a more or less downfall. Strangely that downfall began when I started to avoid concerts, loud events etc..

So maybe the loud music started it but increased because of depression getting more and more evident. Who knows?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      We have, literally walked the same path. It's odd how many years, one person has lived with tinnitus. You have made it through for many years, keep up the good fight! Just like yourself, I lived my life to the max and enjoyed it as a youngster. I have no regrets, because I never knew that loud sounds...could possible do damage to the ears. If I had been educated and knew, then I would have protected my ears and things would have been different.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 3