Hello! Glad to Find This Support Forum!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yamashinaku, Mar 29, 2016.

1. yamashinaku

yamashinaku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion and CSR headphones
      I am an English teacher and I developed tinnitus after a concussion. The ringing had subsided quite a bit until recently when I returned to the USA from Japan and took a Customer Service Rep job. I have to wear a headset covering one ear, and today was the worst. I left the centre and my ear felt stopped up and the tinnitus was as bad as ever. I want to quit the job, but will have to find a new one first. Tomorrow I will try to stuff some tissue in my ear when wearing the headset, hoping that I can still hear the customer. Having the tinnitus come back so strong after being mild for so long is really scary. Any thoughts? Thank you!

2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      The issue with headsets is that you need to crank up the volume as its noisy around
      The solution : wear really good earplugs like the foam macks plugs deep into the ear canal - both ears - and then crank up the volume of the head set until you can barely hear enough
      Your ears will not hear the ambient sound and you will get only the least amount of sound from the headset required for you conversation- which will be almost the same as using it at super low volume in a total quiet room .

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Also - foam plugs will cut the damaging high frequencies much better which is another issue with phones vs direct human voice

• Like Like x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I agree with using foam earplugs and setting the volume to just loud enough for you to hear it. You gotta look after yourself, your employer won't do it for you.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Sandy B
      Inspired

Sandy B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/96
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing test set off
      Hello and so sorry you are having to go through this experience. Have you tried heat from a infrared heating wand? This helps me and even a heating pad helps lower my tinnitus of twenty years. Face tapping helps me cope with this issue too.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      yamashinaku

yamashinaku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion and CSR headphones
      Thanks for the tips friends! I will definitely try the foam ear plugs. I have some, so will use them tomorrow. I read about the tapping and tried some last night. Not sure how effective it was, but I will keep at it! I haven't heard of the infra red heating wand, but will check it out! Thanks again! At least my spirits are up a bit now!