Hello Guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by divij, Oct 27, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. divij

divij Member

Tinnitus Since:
      greatings from india!!
      my name is divij n i got T just abt a month ago.
      i had it in my left ear but now i have it in both :(
      i was suffering from depression from 4 years b4 (cause i didnt have ne work)
      however a month ago i found work n was sent to factories where machines are assembled n there i was in rooms where u had to shout because the noise level was so loud u cudnt hear urself speaking.
      i think thats what caused my tinnitus :(
      i think i might b passed the stage of my t where i feel like killing myself...
      sadly im a very intellectual person who likes to sit quietly n ponder abt things n thats the worst thing now is i cant do that.
      also im only 26 y/o so i need to get married, progress in my job etc. etc.
      i dunno how im gonna do that cause we dont have support groups etc. in india zzzz
      neways this is my first post.
      • Hug Hug x 2
    2. Riikka

Riikka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      You said there are no support groups in India, but now you have found your support group online, I think it will help you. Many helpful things have also been written in Tinnitustalk, so I think it will help you to read how other people deal with T and what they have found helpful.

I think it is important now that you keep protecting your ears from too much noise, for example at work or in the streets. If they don't have earplugs or muffs at your work, then it would be best for you to purchase them yourself.

I also regret not being able to sit down in the quiet to think or read something. But I have found nature sounds help me. When I'm reading, I often listen to birds singing or a river through my mp3 player at the same time.

I don't think T should have much influence on you getting married or progressing in the job...you might consider looking for a job in a more quiet work environment though, as that might be easier for your ears. Things will improve with time. When I first got T, I was only able to concentrate on work for maybe 3 hours a day. In my last (office) job though, I was reading and writing demanding documents for nearly 8 hours a day and I managed to do that. The only thing, I sometimes feel a bit more tired/stressed than people without T.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Sherri786

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Divij, sorry to hear about your t, Rikka is right, you'll hv lots of support here, and excellent suggestions by Rikka too.
    4. christine kauhane

christine kauhane Member

honolulu hawaii
      Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Aloha sorry to hear about your T , you found the right place.. everyone here has a story and good advice, you will be fine ......... just keep coming..
    5. Amelia

Amelia Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      You have found the right place for support @divij

Don't let T beat you! There is no reason to think you can't get married, progress in your job etc.

You are still quite early in your journey - there is nothing to say it won't go away or at least get better :)
    6. divij

divij Member

Tinnitus Since:
      thank you for ur kind words every1!!! :)