Hello & Help pls

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jade, Jul 10, 2013.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics, Beats by Dre, Work
      Most definitely Piper! I have two beautiful daughters who I want to protect against this.

2. Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      Wow I wish I could look at it that way.

3. Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      There is a lot of research being done on it so fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics, Beats by Dre, Work
      @Piper like I said on another post hun....
      I/ we could only hope someone in power or of great importance gets tinnitus so then the research and the push for a cure would become more of a priority

5. Danny
      Fine

Danny Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey I still have my moments....It's mind numbimg...............still it's just a noise and can't hurt you.............lol

• Like Like x 1
    6. Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Hello Jade, My tinnitus came on from an acoustic neuroma tumor on my auditory nerve. The tinnitus started one day in April 2012, I was power washing a house. It panicked me to the point I had trouble sleeping for months. I can still remember the last day I had complete silence in my ears, it was about that time in April, a few days after the onset. It was a beautiful day and I looked down at some lovely flowers and realized I did not hear the tinnitus. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude to God, I cried some. Early in 2013, I was diagnosed with the tumor. I had it removed surgically in March that year. To take out the tumor completely they had to cut my auditory nerve leaving me deaf in my right ear. The operation was a complete success, however the tinnitus remained. With a deaf ear there is no way to escape the tinnitus with masking devices like many others. I mourned the loss of my hearing in that ear, but I am glad to be alive and function-able. My tinnitus is intermittent, and I have good days and bad days. During the good days it hardly bothers me, but the louder days it is sometimes very afflicting. I am 56 years old and I have had many good and bad things happen to me in life. I have had guns pointed at me, confronted with a baseball bat, broken bottle, knife, hit in the head with a rock and pool stick. I've had two failed marriages. I've been addicted to cocaine for several years. I currently have an overwhelming financial crisis on my hands. I know from last interaction with you that you are not religious, and neither was I until age 29. I lived a life of sex,drugs, and rock and roll. For several years I supported myself as a professional gambler. But at age 29 I gave my life over to the Lord Jesus Christ. It was the best decision I ever made. I am so glad that I have a hope beyond this life that keeps me keeping on. If this was all that there was, our life here and now, I would hate my life with this tinnitus and a deaf ear; however I put my hope in a bright future. The same God that made our ears is able to repair any damage that has been done to them. It is our job to pray and believe, and in His good time He will deliver us from all this misery. I can tell you, that I times I get overwhelmed, and I go and cry out to God for help, and He gives me the strength to keep going. I have a wife and four children, I am a business owner, and a preacher of the gospel. We must dig deep to find the faith to persevere this trial that life brought us. I will say bye for now, and say a prayer for our well being. Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, and I ask you to help me and Jade to recover from this terrible affliction. I know that in your good time you will bring us relief because you are a merciful, compassionate, and gracious God. Make yourself real to Jade, so she can give you thanks when it happens. Help her find her way into a relationship with you as her Lord and Savoir during this Easter season.

7. john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Hi jade for what it's worth you were the first success story I read when I found this site. I'm foot our babies fstill struggling with t but when I read your story I though God dam what a strong person she must be. If she can do this so can I . Please beleive me when I say your story got me from wanting to end it all too having the courage to keep going . I don't know how your feeling now but you have been a shining light in a really dark sky for me . God bless you for your success story . We can do this together. I have two wee boys 8/11 year old let's keep it together

8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure