Help — Ringing Going on for 10 Days Now... Is This Permanent?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Luis12345, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Luis12345

Luis12345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've had this for around 10 days
      I'm 21 years old, I've had this ringing going on for about 10 days now. I work with chainsaws all day I use ear protection.. But I'm wondering if this is permanent or temporary I would really like to have an idea. Can't get a good night rest. I'm worried, scared this might not go away

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to the forum Luis,
      Have you had your ears checked as could be a wax build up ?
      Great to hear your using ear protection with noisy machinery and hope they have Kept your ears safe.
      At night , download a free app their are a few and I like the one called Relax and Sleep and pick a sound you like and play it at night set below your tinnitus.
      Your brain will work hard pick up the lower sound you have chosen and push your tinnitus sound to the background and help you sleep better.
      Try not to worry and get your ears checked out and let us know how you get on.
      ...lots of love glynis

3. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      Most likely your T will go away. I can't say for sure, but everyone experience Tinnitus at some point in their life. It can last from days to many months. I have been having mine 20 days straight now, and I'm still hoping mine will fade away as well. A good tip I can give you is to keep your ears away from headphones and loud places. Cut down sugar and caffeine as well, and start living healthy. Good luck!

4. Jptsr1

Jptsr1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1992
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, Guns, Q-Tips
      Have you seen a doctor yet?