Help I'm Suicidal (Wall of Text)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Contrast, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Meso82
      Studious

Meso82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Contrast
      The emergence of your tinnitus seems to be very similar to my story as well as the character of the tinnitus. In short: I had an accident with my headphones too. I have often listened to podcasts and sadly they vary a lot in sound volume. So I listened to a podcast with a low sound volume and had to set my smartphone to max volume to understand something in a moderate noisy environment. A few days later I wanted to listen to another podcast but I forgot to lower the volume of my headphones. I don't understand why there isn't some kind of safety mechanism which lower the headphones at least when you disconnect and reconnect them to your smartphone. Anyway...the podcast was much too loud for my ears for one second. But as in your case I thought nothing serious happened. I only noticed a weak sensitivity against noise and a very quite beep noise in my left ear which disappeared a few hours after the incident. Sadly I listened a bit to low volume music via my headphones a few days later which was for sure not the best idea in retroperspective. And then 8-10 days later my tinnitus started and increased in the following days. After two horrible weeks where I couldn't get a lot of sleep the tinnitus improved but with several setbacks until now. So I have now one good day with tinnitus level of 1-2/10 followed by a bad day with level of 5-6/10. In the morning after wake up my tinnitus is sometimes barely audible but increases during the day. The tinnitus is very reactive and worsens during sport or moderate noise. Sometimes my own voice is too loud for me. That's the reason why I am wearing ear plugs the whole day. Furthermore I have hearing loss between 2 and 6 khz range which has worsened until now which is a bit scary. Which kind of treatments did you do?

2. Thatowoodyknox

Thatowoodyknox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Band
      Sorry mate I know this thing is tough

3. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      Well my father got better after 2 and a half years of bad tinnitus. Even at the age of 93. He had had tinnitus before but it was not as bad. Some ear drops he took under recommendation of a doctor worsened his case. His story may be cold comfort for those suffering badly. But I have tried.

Everyone else I know with tinnitus have mild cases so they always tell me that they got used to it eventually .

Marco

5. Thatowoodyknox

Thatowoodyknox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Band
      Hey Starthrower, I’m so sorry if I offended anyone on here. I guess I was just feeling alone and replied to the old threads that kinda recognized how I felt and they were old threads. I honestly am happy n hopeful to have found this thread.. stay well friend :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Not really true. 5 of the 10 people in my IOP had cancer and were there for CBT and DBT.