Help Please — Loud Tinnitus After Microsuction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kejejk112, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Hi
      I need to outlet this.

I've had t for 10 years from loud music and recently my ears have been built up with wax so my gp recommended microsuction which I had done last Thursday.
      I was scared it would make my t worse so the ent didn't take out all the wax only 80% and he said there's still impacted wax there.

But now my t is SO LOUD in both ears and louder in the mircosuctioned ear.

Problem is now I'm hearing weird from that ear like a muffled robotic echoey and it sounds like my ears a broken speaker like I can't hear tv music properly

I'm so scared don't know if It's because of the wax still there or if there's damage done Ronny ears

I'm at my wits end and really scared

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Now my other ear that wasn't microsuctioned feels full and I can't hear music to properly

:(

I really don't know what's going on- although this ear does have loads of wax but the wax hasn't blocked my hearing

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Kejejk112
      Did you put olive oil eardrops into your ear 2 to 3 times a day to loosen the wax, for at least 7 days before having your ear microsuctioned? Although some people getaway without using eardrops before microscution it is not recommended as problems can result as you have described.
      Hopefully things will calm down.
      All the best
      Michael

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I put the drops in once a day
      I remember the ent saying the wax was coming out well

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Don't panic and despair. I am no doctor but to me the problem of the ears such as fullness and having trouble hearing clearly after the suction seems to be similar to the effect of flying without the ability to balance the change of atmospheric pressure. Perhaps your ears had trouble with the sudden surge of pressure from the micro suction procedure and so it caused ear pain, fullness and temporary loss of hearing to some extent.

I just came back from vacationing in Hawaii. When I flew there, I had a cold and badly congested sinus. So I had problem balancing the pressure changes and I felt ear pain and for a few days later my hearing was like being encased in a cocoon. Of course my T shot up like crazy with that. But I had experienced this before and I stay calm and focus on enjoying my vacation. The ears went back to normal after a few days and I didn't miss a beat on my vacation. Saying that, you are best to have your ears checked out by different ENTs for different opinion to make sure no damage was done to the ear drums.
      Take good care. God bless.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Thanks for replying

I'm really confused it's been 11 days now and no change - I've seen my gp twice and inr said it's just the ear wax and the other referee me to an ENT which is in 2 months !!

I couldn't deal with that so I went to a&e and they let me see an Ent there and I've got an appointment in 2 days

I'm worried cos I keep thinking it's sensoryneurone hearing loss and the treatment for that is within 2 weeks - and when I see the ent that will be 13 days so I've just made it if that's it

But also when I try to pop that ear it won't do it - and when I swallow theres a crackling nosie

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try Sudafed and also steam inhalation to unblock your tubes . ...lots of love glynis

Good luck with your ENT appointment

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      hi guys
      I'm really scared right now - my ent appointments tomorrow and I just know it's gonna be bad news

I posted about my problem which was that I have long term tinnitus from noise / loud music and had an earwax buildup which I got microsuctioned and after the microsuction now I have hearing loss and muffled/static/ distorted hearing in my right ear

I am so scared I have sensoryneuron hearing Damage from the microsuction
      - although there is a small bit of impacted wax still in that ear as he didn't remove all of it

My hearing is not normal - how microsuction could do this

9. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Dude, just wait until your ears have been seen by the ENT

You are putting the cart before the horse.

10. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try get a good night sleep and let the ENT find what the problem is for you.
      Could be the wax or fluid behind your drum etc.
      MRI scans are done routinely so don't get worried if get refured for one ...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Thanks guys but I have anxiety and it's making it hard to deal
      I'll try and relax

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      You can try to get some anxiety drugs from doctor or
      you can try natural alternatives such as Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search each of them to know their use and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I went to the ent just now..

He didn't remove the wax as he wanted to use microsuction and I didn't accept that obviously

He gave me sodium bicarbonate drops for the ear wax

I did do an audio gram and it came out as normal - however with a bit of high freq hearing loss

What does this means??????

Why does my ear still hear echoey muffled robotic static ??

He didn't tell me

14. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I have hearing loss at the high frequency too. Mine is probably due to trying to fix a faulty smoke alarm without using ear plugs. Other people may get that from attending gigs, or from firing shots, or any other form of acoustic trauma. New T may take months and months to settle, and so it is best we keep a positive attitude that things will work out sooner or later. It will only help ourselves when we are more emotionally stable, as stress and anxiety will aggravate T.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I'm going back to ent tomorrow
      And getting wax removed via syringing
      Then I'll see how my hearing is
      If it's bad I don't know what happens

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kejejk112

Kejejk112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      but the high freq loss doesn't explain the weird muffled robotic hearing as this occur even when people talk

I did the audiogram - the high freq beeps sound exactly like my tinnitus so I couldt tell what was my tinnitus and what was the beeps