Here’s Hope

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kazue, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,

I was extremely active here years ago (2 years to be exact). I just want to let you know it gets better.

I was in a dark place of my life when I got tinnitus. It was funny because I was trying to eat healthier and learn Japanese and here comes tinnitus to ruin my life. I went through a spiraling depression. I assumed the worst. I thought I was going to be deaf and would have to learn sign language.

I went to multiple hospital visits, and to my surprise, my nurse has tinnitus as well. I was recommended to a therapist since my doctor saw my quality of life dwindling. I cried in front of my new therapist within 15 minutes of meeting her.

She ended up having tinnitus too. This proves that you’re not alone. There are other people out here with tinnitus. Every little sound irritated my ears. I remember when the simple sound of running water and closing car doors would drive me insane.

But it got better. My ears were no longer reactive to noise. Then the sound got quieter. Then I simply shutted out the noise to the point I occasionally forgot about it. I’ve learned my lesson though. I wear earplugs to all clubs, movie theaters, and concerts. Don’t let tinnitus make you scared to live your life.

I promise it will get better. You will make it through this.

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Thanks for posting this. What does your tinnitus sound like?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It sounds like a seashell put up to your ear but way higher.

4. Pianist_Will

Pianist_Will Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly medication
      Did the sound actually improve and get quieter at all? Sounds like it did and you have habituated too?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes it did. I had very high pitched reactive tinnotus at first. Then it got lower and slightly lower pitched. It isn’t very reactive anymore. Then I got used to the sound. It’s all a process.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Pianist_Will

Pianist_Will Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly medication
      Well done! Happy for you :) Hope you might get some further improvements too! But sounds like you have managed to get over most of the tinnitus which is amazing.

7. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      @Kazue this is a great story! I’m really struggling with high pitched reactive tinnitus which I can hear everywhere. I’m worried I’ll never habituate. When did you notice your tinnitus getting better? I’m 9 months in but after an ear surgery my mild tinnitus is now severe tinnitus.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Trust me. I thought the same. Firstly, change your mindset. Look in the mirror and tell yourself “I can get over this. I may not be the same but I will adapt.” Everyone is not the same. It seems like your case is different from mine. Mine is from hearing loss. The surgery probably made yours worst than mine, and it might can be fixed. Seems like a physical error rather than hearing loss. I can’t remember the month it got better but I know there was a point I stopped crying about tinnitus, where I wasn’t sad talking about it, and etc.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      @Kazue did your hearing come back?