Hey Guys

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      It's me Mario, I know it's been a while since I've been online and there is reasons for it. Firstly I'd just like to tell you all I think I've recovered from my Tinnitus scares now and Tinnitus itself (habituation) I feel is now cured.

Yeah I guess the past few months I haven't been online has just been crazy with school exams, studying and football which I play, and the birth of my new cousin but for sadder reasons my friend passed away, so my daily life has been squeezed to the max right now.

Speaking of Tinnitus, I'd just like to say that I can live from day to day life without any disruptions or hesitations, I can concentrate easy, read easy, listen easy, what more do you need :). At first I will admit it was tough because I was already so busy at that time and that to build onto the pressure of stress was overwhelming so as anyone would, you try to hopelessly help yourself by using the Internet, or visit the doctor instantly... Which I did, but it's one of those things to have to come to terms with, which I know is sad but don't feel sorry or guilty for. During my harder times with Tinnitus, when I was anxious like I'd be in a exam haha, I just thought to myself, "am i living my own life, or am I living the life that the tinnitus has created". I just thought, I can't leave myself hanging on this for the rest of my life, so I thought, f*** it, I'm not staying jailed to this condition, which consequently has led me to here, happy :). As a result of my mental uplifting I was quite blessed not to request any medications or courses that treat Tinnitus which you guys recommended to me.

To the guys out there that have discovered Tinnitus, don't be afraid, I can't make it anymore simple then that. Yeah at first you will be a bit scared but you will overcome it like any other problem, only one more straight down fact is that if you have suffered for years like really bad tinnitus and ear pain as such then I would say treatment is vital. But to the newcomers, don't be tread on by yourself, get advice, see a doctor, and I just thought to myself, can life be any worse? Ever since then, Tinnitus is a miniscule problem compared to my other problems. I know you will hear such things as sleeping loss, loss of concentration, and the overpower of tinnitus but I believe that has only happened to them people because they let the depressing fact sink with them which I couldn't probably couldn't imagine what they're experiencing.

My history with tinnitus is that I discovered tinnitus early march, at first I thought it was my sinuses but after a few weeks I lived down it was permanent, accepted the fact, and moved on, simple haha.

Just to explain how tinnitus doesn't annoy me, I can sleep soundly, watch/listen to music, telly with no problems and just that I live a normal life, to summarise, Tinnitus basically doesn't exist with me and it doesn't mean anything neither.

To finish this little story off, I'd like to say thanks for reading and for anyone in a down place right now, it does get better, you'll be fine :), a little bit of advice, i found that reading inspiring quotes helps, this lame quote might help "you only live once" which means a lot of things. Anyways, thanks and any questions, inbox me :) Ciaooooo!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    2. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tamalak Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      Grats on your recovery!

How loud would you say your T is and has it changed any (in objective sound) since you got it?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      I wouldn't say the noise isn't so intruding, if I'm able to live a normal life, I'd say a smooth ringing noise if it makes sense, for example, I don't need anything to "distract me". Answering your other question, no not that ive noticed. And thanks :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      I just had a message from Markuu about people kinda recovering and not returning back, but I could never leave this site :p

5. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      That's good to hear; I really think part of the reason tinnitus is considered incurable and that success stories are so hard to find is that people who DO recover don't talk about it nor return to their support groups.

I've had recurring, but only occasional tinnitus (like for one hour every other day on average, with as long as 2 months without hearing it) up until a month ago (when it became much more recurrant), and the psychology of it has been weird. When it's on, it consumes my attention and my life. When it's off, it feels like a silly bad dream and I don't think about it. That makes it difficult to clearly remember just how much of my life it's eaten up in different periods.

It's like when you're very cold, it's hard to imagine being uncomfortably hot, and vice versa.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      Yeah tinnitus can grab you but I think the success stories, I think with all health problems people just don't care when it doesn't affect them, whereas they do suffer, its like almost attached to them. Funny old game

7. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      Yeah. Tinnitus is described as "hearing a noise that isn't there" - it sounds pretty trivial to someone who hasn't experienced it. But it's so much closer to the brain than a "real" sound, and can eat you up in a way that I don't think is easy to describe.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      Definitely

9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Mario,

Your post was a joy to read, and it is so nice to hear from someone who has good news about their tinnitus! Yours is a real success story, and I'm glad you came back to share it with us. Please do stick around; you'll give hope to a lot of tinnitus sufferers out there. There really is a such a thing as habituation!!:joyful:

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      I guess there is a thing called habituation :) and I'd hope to help as many people as I can!!

11. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      Thanks for your story Mario.

For instance, if there is a "cure" or a very effective treatment (without side effects) out on the market in the near future, would you be interested in taking it ?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario
      Creative

Mario Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2/2013
      Well, I mean it'd help but I'm not waiting on a cure day to day if you know what I mean, so yes but I'm not thirsty for it right now :)